Fuji Patriotic daughter - X100

Iansky

All-Pro
I did a photoshoot with my daughter after work this evening as she is going to be used to promote a Jubilee event for my wife's shop, used the X100 with EF20 flash and very happy with the results.

The X100 really does deliver.

Miss_She_Unique.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Zea_by_shed_soft.jpg

Zea_1_soft.jpg

Hooray for patriotism!!! :)

Well done Ian. The portraits look marvelous. Did you soften the image or did you use one of the softer film modes?

IMO, the X100 is still THE champ for the best combination of image quality in a fairly portable package and silent operation.

Thanks Gents,

Malcolm, we realised after she had gone home that the flag was upside down (I blame my wife, that was her department!) - my daughter was in a state of distress as I made her go outside into the chilly damp air for the photos!!

The images were too sharp for what I wanted so I created 2 additional layers and blurred one using a setting of 12/darken/50 percent opacity and the other 20/lighten/50 percent opacity, I then merged those 2 together and created a layer mask before bringing back elements I wanted sharper. Finsihed by merging original with edited layer before adding border.

The original images needed just basics tone/contrast/col/levels/USM - the camera just shoots great images and very little editing is required unless they are too sharp (as in this case) and these were all shot at f4.

I have not really experimented much with people shots using the X100 but seeing the results from last night has convinced me I must do more and as Armanius says, the small size, silent ability is a real assett that is far from intimidating for the sitter.

Your shots do show that you don't need a big DSLR to get great people pictures, I look forward to seeing your next session.

Oh, by the way a quick fix for the flag issue is to do a mirror image conversion in PS which should put things right.

Thanks all,

Malcolm, I am not going to swap the image as I want her to look to the left as we read left to right - have to live with it as is and I suspect very few will notice, thanks for the suggestion though.

Back