Straps Peak Design Cuff

mike3996

Legend
I've used this strap since December and it's okay. Not perfect but given the design goals it's probably as good as it can be.

I'm finally fed up with how it fastens around my wrist. The sales pitch says about this:

NEW ADJUSTER​

Anodized aluminum adjuster locks Cuff in an open position or cinches to your wrist.

But I can't figure out how it would be done, lock the cuff in an open position.

I could always butcher this Cuff or another PD strap that has an anchor recipient and use a simpler strap on it, but let's see if this can be worked out "peacefully". :)

IMG_20220423_150059.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

For reference. The adjuster doesn't seem to have any kind of mechanism to lock.

The red indicates a safe cut point if I wanted to butcher this thing.

Okay, I surrendered myself to Youtube videos and the mystery was solved within minutes. :D
It was another case of the usual thing. You suffer from a problem for months and you finally get around to fix a solution but only you've asked a stupid question about it out aloud.

Well, anyway.

How are you liking these straps in general?

I love most of peak designs products, but this is one I never bonded with. Maybe because I’m not much of a wrist strap guy, but definitely also because it’s just not that comfortable. Kinda like their toiletries bag for me. Chased the nifty features so hard they seemed to forget to ask “but is it effective vs the competition?”

What competition is there that allows a single strap + 6 anchors to serve six camera bodies?
Literally any strap with the peak anchor kit? Tons of nice third party boutique strap makers using the peak system. I love my leash straps, but the cuff just isn’t a good strap for my use. It’s too big to be a good wrist strap, but too stiff too be a loose oversized safety strap.

Literally any strap with the peak anchor kit? Tons of nice third party boutique strap makers using the peak system. I love my leash straps, but the cuff just isn’t a good strap for my use. It’s too big to be a good wrist strap, but too stiff too be a loose oversized safety strap.
I haven't spotted many alternatives with quick-release systems, out in the wild.

I've switched over to almost all PD stuff. Just bought a Slide Light, have the clip and stabilizer, the strap adapter ends, bottom plates, and spare quick connects. A second Plate and Cuff are on my list for Father's Day.

FYI, they just had a price increase the Slide Light went up $10. Ouch.

They’re never going to be as common, but there are literally dozens of options from boutique makers.

View attachment 306155

Thank you for pointing me where to look for. Very good looking stuff. Pricey but I always reason you buy the best straps and bags only once.

Back