Fuji Peak Design Slide Lite (for Mirrorless Cameras)

Covey22

Hall of Famer
I just got this in the mail and used it today on my XT-10. The good:

Peak Design works as advertised, you can slip off the strap as easily as they show you in their product videos. I carried it around all day on a walking tour for several miles - the adjustable strap really is great - one hand adjustment of length and slack while you're wearing it. I had it with up to a 90mm f2 mounted - no worries - I never felt like it was going to fall or the connectors would fail.

The not-so-good: If you carry it like I do - a connector on the photographer's right side of the camera and a plate at the bottom - this makes the camera carry lens-down, which is great because it was a drizzly day and I kept it under my coat, bringing it out only when I shoot - the anchor plate blocks the card/battery door. You need to use the included hex-bolt key to remove it, then you can access the door. Good thing I decided to carry it with me in my bag.

Otherwise if you just use the left and right strap connectors on the camera body (the camera will be oriented lens out regardless of whether you carry it over your neck traditional style or like me - sling style), the strap and quick disconnect works like a charm.

I just started using one this week. And I concur with everything you found. I use it with the anchor connectors in the normal spots. So far I am loving it.

On the Pro 2 the anchor plate does not block the battery door. @Covey22 if you have a Really Right Stuff plate, the tripod threads on the bottom of the plate are a little further over from the battery door, so mounting the anchor plate to a RRS could keep the anchor plate from blocking the battery door.

I have a Peak Design capture pro but find the plate blocks the battery door so I've stopped using it because I don't like to be defeated by forgotten Alan keys or worse, missing shots whilst fighting with the damn thing. I think that was a big design fault on the XT1 and the Pro1; any tripod plate blocks the battery door.

I'm not convinced though by the idea that you have a big strap and tiny weeny connector threads on peak design stuff. I have a cuff and I don't use that either. I do use them on my keys to attach it to my messenger though.

Does the slide move on its own? I found if I put enough in the messenger then it does on that ans I believe it's the same system

I like it. To be clearer: I don't like the design at all (the word "ugly" comes to mind), but I appreciate the comfort and its usefulness.

I was and am still using Lance Camera Straps (with the Lance connector system) on my X-Pro2, but on the X-T2 with battery grip and larger (heavier) lenses, Lance may look retro-pretty, but it doesn't feel very nice. After a long day, my neck is hurting, because the thin strap is cutting into the skin.

Not so with the Peak Design Slide Lite. As mentioned, I don't think it's pretty. But it really works. I also grew fond of the Sun-Sniper-style carrying method it offers. It's practical, and the attachment plate is perfectly compatible with Arca-Swiss, which should be (and mostly is) the tripod mount of choice for Fuji X series users.

At Photokina, I have seen several Fuji users with Slide and Slide Light, so it seems to become pretty popular. I asked them about their experience with the product, and so far, everybody seems to be happy.

I am really liking the Slide Lite. It will get a good test today at my wedding shoot. I agree with Rico, it's not necessarily the best looking strap. But it is very comfortable/functional.

any tripod plate blocks the battery door.

This isn't true. Really Right Stuff plates do not block the battery door. Even on the X-T10.

Thanks for the feedback folks. Something useful for @Blythe - since you're in the same boat as myself: I contacted Peak Design Tech Support and they suggested getting their ProDrive anchor. I've ordered one today to see what it's like, and I'll update this thread when it comes in. It looks like it wont' be a problem with the door, but I'll confirm once it's in.

PRO Drive Screw

As far as the slide moving on it's own, I have not experienced this - and I walked around an outside museum and around town for about 8 hours the other day - that was my first run with the system.

I checked with my EDM tonight while it was loaded. It didn't slip once on its own. I could push down on the bag and it would slip very slightly.

Unfortunately, no dice. The ProDrive screw still blocks the door, albeit much less than the dedicated plate that comes with the Slide Lite. Even removing the rubber washer that prevents wear against the camera bottom, the screw itself *just* protrudes over the battery/card door path. Those are going back.

So for @Blythe and anyone else still following this thread - a good ending! Following BobbyT and Rico's advice, I found a very inexpensive Arca/Swiss/Wimberly style (USD 20.00 !) on Amazon. Presto, the tripod mount moves over the right amount and now I can access the battery/card door.

https://www.amazon.com/Fotasy-GXT10-Vertical-Fujifilm-replaces/dp/B01BWE6A10

The vertical portion of the plate is also removable. It's so cheap they didn't even send a hex key with it. :rolleyes-24: Fortunately, the one that PD provides with the Slide Lite works just fine. I even get a nice fore-finger grip in the process. It's cheap looking to be sure, but now I don't have to sweat where the hex key is on me in the field.

I have fallen out with Peak Design and their products after their promotion of tourist travel to the Faroe Islands. I will not purchase any further products from them and intend to sell the ones I have.

I have fallen out with Peak Design and their products after their promotion of tourist travel to the Faroe Islands. I will not purchase any further products from them and intend to sell the ones I have.

Didn't know about that. Can you point us to a place where this promotion is documented?

Back