• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

Pecos River in Winter, Part II

merlin

Top Veteran
May 25, 2017
Northern New Mexico
We set out mid-morning for our first ever winter visit to the canyon. The narrow, twisting road had a fair number of scary icy and snow-covered patches, but Diana's bad weather Michigan driving skills were up to the challenge.

There were very few places to stop due to the snow banks, but we found a spot near the Terrero General Store and walked back to an old bridge with a path that went down to the river. The tall trees (Douglas fir, Colorado Blue Spruce, Ponderosa Pines), shrubs, rocks, and snow-covered hills were a wonderful backdrop for the rushing waters.

We walked a bit, sat by the river, and drank in the marvels of Nature.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

How did my backpack get so heavy? I thought mirrorless was lightweight!
Really enjoying my Samyang fisheye - it's the third FE lens I've owned, a Peleng on 4/3 and a previous Samyang on my first flirtation with m4/3. So I knew what I was getting. 👍
Ok, I'm all Creative Clouded out right now.... what a waste of time.
So Fuji's traditional spring announcement includes... only the XT30? Helps my GAS to be sure!
This week's weather has been snow, hail, rain, sun, sleet... what next, frogs? 🐸
Top Bottom