Birds Peebles, eagles, some scenery and a duck

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers, Jock

Peebles Island. New York State, at the confluence of the Mohawk and Hudson Rivers. Sorry about the lack of context; I post pix frequently from Peebles Island and sometimes forget that not everybody knows about it.

The eagles nest is on Goat Island, but I have to shoot from Peebles.

The shot below shows where I have to shoot from. I estimate the distance at about 75 yards.

Cheers, Jock

Peebles Island. New York State, at the confluence of the Mohawk and Hudson Rivers. Sorry about the lack of context; I post pix frequently from Peebles Island and sometimes forget that not everybody knows about it.
Looks like a great place to be able to visit! I've been reading your other threads with the eagles but didn't catch that the name of the island was Peebles.

Looks like a great place to be able to visit! I've been reading your other threads with the eagles but didn't catch that the name of the island was Peebles.

The hope, of course, is to get a shot of the eaglets after they hatch, and if we're fortunate, it will be before the leaves fill in and make viewing much more difficult.

The better half (aka the spotter-in-chief) and I have been taking walks on Peebles Island for more than 30 years.

It was in 2013 that we first spotted eagles. Here's the thread from that encounter, during which I also coined the nickname for her of "spotter in chief."

You also might enjoy this thread, about an encounter between an eagle and a Great Blue Heron.

Cheers, Jock

Back