Pentax Pentax image thread

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
K-5 & 100mm f2.8 Macro

50495766288_d0268abc85_o.jpg
IMGP8238
by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

Trying out a Sigma 610 off-camera flash - I have to say the Pentax wireless flash system is kind of weird compared to Nikon or Olympus. Physically connecting the flash to transfer the flash settings to the camera just seems like extra steps. I'll have to experiment some more.

re-note

All-Pro
Real Name
Rolf

PENTAX Q Standard Prime 8.5mm f/1.9 ISO 800

IMGP5267.jpg

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Can any Pentaxian recommend a good, budget wide to mid-tele range zoom? Kind of like a step-up on the typical kit-zoom.
Similar to the Nikon 28-105 or 28-200 - plentiful, cheap but pretty great. I see there is a 16-85mm DA (24-120ish) out there but it seems pricey. Also an older 28-200 FA which is not as wide as I'd like on my K-5. Also seem to be some Sigma offerings but I'm not sure on the optics quality.

gordo

Veteran
Real Name
Gordon
Can any Pentaxian recommend a good, budget wide to mid-tele range zoom? Kind of like a step-up on the typical kit-zoom.
Similar to the Nikon 28-105 or 28-200 - plentiful, cheap but pretty great. I see there is a 16-85mm DA (24-120ish) out there but it seems pricey. Also an older 28-200 FA which is not as wide as I'd like on my K-5. Also seem to be some Sigma offerings but I'm not sure on the optics quality.
The only one I've used is the newer DFA 28-105. It was kinda the K-1 kit lens, but it's actually a pretty dang good lens. Doesn't go as wide as you want though.

Latest threads

Top Bottom