Pentax Pentax image thread

tonyturley

Legend
Real Name
Tony
I came across this image while going through some of my archives this morning. I had completely forgotten about taking this with a K-30 I had years ago.

IMGP1958.jpg

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
51076694528_0a4055d320_o.jpg
PXK59480
by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

Times like this I would love to have a 100mm macro lens. Maybe one day...

Definitely worth keeping an eye out for them. The old models can be had relatively cheaply and the MF K-mount ones are out there too (the slower F4 models seem to go cheap); I have a sneaking suspicion they hold their value because people adapt them for mirrorless use whereas the old AF K mount ones aren't so desireable unless you use them on a Pentax body.

The K5 & 100m Macro is rapidly turning into my favourite macro combo.

kyteflyer

~@¿@~
Real Name
Sue
The old models can be had relatively cheaply
Sadly, in Australia, the Pentax second hand market is almost non-existent. Over here its Canon and Nikon and to a lesser extent, Sony and Olympus. Ebay is no use at all. Most second hand stuff is in Japan, at prices not far short of the new (when the item was new) and with shipping costs, boosts overall cost to more than I want to pay. Eventually I suppose I will buy a new one, or a Tamron 90mm.

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Sadly, in Australia, the Pentax second hand market is almost non-existent. Over here its Canon and Nikon and to a lesser extent, Sony and Olympus. Ebay is no use at all. Most second hand stuff is in Japan, at prices not far short of the new (when the item was new) and with shipping costs, boosts overall cost to more than I want to pay. Eventually I suppose I will buy a new one, or a Tamron 90mm.

I hear you. NZ is generally worse. The used market seems to lean towards Canon heavily (about 2 to 1 Nikon judging by TradeMe (our eBay equivalent)). After that its Sony/Fuji and Oly/Panasonic bringing up the rear. Not much Pentax digital kit; although plenty of K1000's and Spotmatics in the analog world when Pentax went toe to toe with Canon & Nikon in the 60's and 70's.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom