Pentax Pentax image thread

Pentax Kr + DA 15mm Ltd

BC40660E-B4AE-4F0C-8F22-F155C6F9FB71.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sometimes I think I get a little bit of DSLR envy. Then I pull out my old *ist D with a Vivitar 70-150 and I'm reminded why I gave up most of my legacy gear. This was the best of 6 attempts - I'm just not very good with old manual glass these days. Or maybe I just lost my touch with the split screen focus. Which is odd, considering my only camera for 20 years was a film SLR with split screen focus. IS and focus peaking have ruined me. :)

IMGP6842.JPG

Last edited:
A few more attempts while watching a feeding frenzy. The tree rats have figured out a way past the squirrel guard - for now. These are rather gritty and film-like. I wonder if what many have thought of as the "film look" was just the film, or how much the old lenses we used played a part?

IMGP6848D.JPG

IMGP6851D.JPG

IMGP6859D.JPG

IMGP6863D.JPG

IMGP6871D.JPG

IMGP6897D.JPG

Last edited:
Sometimes I think I get a little bit of DSLR envy. Then I pull out my old *ist D with a Vivitar 70-150 and I'm reminded why I gave up most of my legacy gear. This was the best of 6 attempts - I'm just not very good with old manual glass these days. Or maybe I just lost my touch with the split screen focus. Which is odd, considering my only camera for 20 years was a film SLR with split screen focus. IS and focus peaking have ruined me. :)

View attachment 192187

I can relate. I've pretty much given up manual focus on anything other than my Fuji gear. I don't do well with moving subjects anymore, and narrow DoF gives me fits unless on a tripod. So, mostly AF for me these days. (However, I do love the handling and rendering of the new Heliar 50/3.5 on my X-H1.)

Back