Pentax Pentax image thread

Rigged a hummingbird feeder to the balcony railing Sunday. Hummingbirds found it today. Little buggers are fast, most shots have missed focus. Luckily, they'll be hanging around now so I can work on my technique. :)

K-1, DA*200/2.8, fairly hefty crop.
original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

K-1, DA*200/2.8

With the birds so comfortable around the feeder it's becoming difficult to catch them in flight. Got lucky and one of 2 shots was OK.

Profile shot, same bird, 1920x1440 crop of the full file, resized to 960x720 for web.

Cloudy, windy day. Both with the K-1 and the DA*300/4, large crops. A bit surprised at the close focus distance of the 300, these were taken with the hood against the patio door glass, about 6 feet from the feeder.

Beep Beep!

Roadrunner in a tree hunting bugs just a bit ago. Lucky grab shots as it made no noise, I just happened to catch some movement as I passed by the patio glass. Didn't have time to change settings from previous use, so missed some shots. Not the best, but I thought it was interesting, maybe you all will as well. And, I need a lot more practice to get better at capturing a big-ish bird erratically hopping around a tree chasing bugs. :coffee-79:

IrfanView works better for output sometimes, but has problems stripping exif info even though I have the boxes checked to keep exif. All were shot with the K-1, DA*300/4 + DA 1.4xTC, f/5.6, shutter and ISO varied.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

I finally felt well enough to put the Hummingbird feeder back up, had been down due to painting here at the huts. Hummers are starting to re-discover the food. This batch of birds is the same new batch from earlier that is much more skittish of people. They see me move inside the apartment, and they are gone. Most shots have been OOF as they zip away.

K-1, DA*300/4, no TC.
original.jpg

original.jpg

Back