Pentax Pentax image thread

I'm seriously tempted to get a K-5

Do it. I’ve abandoned any ideas of updating from my K-5, it works and it works beautifully. I don’t want to fix whats not broken :)

01ED0279-F9CA-48CC-AB55-02A606DFF099.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Do it. I’ve abandoned any ideas of updating from my K-5, it works and it works beautifully. I don’t want to fix whats not broken :)

Is there much to differentiate the three models (the original K-5, the K-5II and K-5IIs) ? Does the removal of the AA filter make much perceptable difference to the image quality? I see a few hundred $$ difference in the used market but its unclear if the difference between the original and the newer models is worth the extra.

Is there much to differentiate the three models (the original K-5, the K-5II and K-5IIs)
If you ask a dedicated Pentaxian you’ll be blinded with science, stats, and a thousand reasons the II and IIs are better. I am not convinced, based simply on observation of results. I’ve never used anything beyond my K-5.

You might be able to discern some difference if you spend some time perusing photos in the PENTAX Photo Gallery, by camera and lens. Camera & Lenses – Pentax

View attachment 216016

Such a lovely image, Sue. I especially like the tones - the richness - the palette - the hues. Oh, and, yes, the composition too. All in all, a great photograph. And, if it were necessary, a testimony to the ongoing photographic qualities and capabilities of the K-5, a great camera.

Such a lovely image, Sue. I especially like the tones - the richness - the palette - the hues. Oh, and, yes, the composition too. All in all, a great photograph. And, if it were necessary, a testimony to the ongoing photographic qualities and capabilities of the K-5, a great camera.
Thank you Miguel! Though I must confess, its a shot from 2012 :). Wish it were recent but I am just seeming unable to get myself organised for early mornings in the past couple of years.

Only a few years ago that I sampled the Pentax system? It seems a lot longer ago.
One of my favs. with the K-70 and the 20-40 ltd.
View attachment 216889los olivos by john matsu, on Flickr
Such a lovely, moody image, John.
And if one had any doubts, this photograph shows off some of the virtues of that very cool little zoom lens, the DA 20-40. I think that's one of the reasons I've always liked shooting with Pentaxes - they seem to have a knack for coming up with relatively diminutive and unusual lenses with superb optical qualities. This is really a great photo.

Such a lovely, moody image, John.
And if one had any doubts, this photograph shows off some of the virtues of that very cool little zoom lens, the DA 20-40. I think that's one of the reasons I've always liked shooting with Pentaxes - they seem to have a knack for coming up with relatively diminutive and unusual lenses with superb optical qualities. This is really a great photo.
A few years ago I had a K-30, and I rented a DA 20-40. It was one of the best lenses I've ever used. I just prefer smaller camera and lens combinations, but every now and then I've checked to see what Pentax has in their current lineup.

Thank you Miguel.
I really enjoyed all the DA limited lenses.
Optically as well the exceptional build, finish and tolerances.
It was a lot of fun.

Back