Pentax Pentax image thread

White-winged Dove on the hummingbird feeder pole. K-1 + DA*300, slight crop and resize for web.
original.jpg

Living at the edge of a small town, I tend to see more stars in the night sky than I did years earlier, when I was a big-city-dweller. I often think about trying to photograph some of them - or parts of the sky - but the combination of laziness + too-many-other-things-on-the-platter has effectively stopped me.

Last night I decided to try again. And Pentaxes have a reputation of being good cameras for astrophotography. Here's one of my first results---

KP_July18_Stars@RappRoad#3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I know I've got a long way to go. But....damn! there sure are a lot of cool things up there.

You think that's busy? Your standards are impeccably higher than mine :D

I think a lot was down to my composition - lots of little things and fragmented light. I need to get the lens out of the house and into the outside world - get a better feel for its capabilities. Certainly seems better than the Nikkor 45 pancake. I'll also have to keep an eye out for the AF version - these pancakes make the K-5 very compact.

Putting the Pentax K-01 to the test with the old Super Takumar 50mm f4 Macro - takes nice pics but the manual focus aides are a little clunkier than on m43 (or maybe its just the ergonomics) -

50299714867_7cb689cb81_o.jpg
IMGP8558 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

50299559881_9c0fed5570_o.jpg
IMGP8547 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

Back