Pentax Pentax image thread

Juvenile Mourning Dove on the deck railing a few days ago, then settled in for a nap. K-1 + DA*300/4, slight crop.
original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

Well, that stinks. Planning on repair?
There are some online resources which show how to replace the part but its beyond my skill-level. I got this for a song second-hand so its no great loss. While I love the styling and sensor, the glacial AF and ergonomics leave a lot to be desired. It'll be a shelf-queen for now. I'd heard about the shutter issue on the 30 & 50 but didn't realise the same issue plagued the K-01 too - a cautionary tale for sure.

There are some online resources which show how to replace the part but its beyond my skill-level. I got this for a song second-hand so its no great loss. While I love the styling and sensor, the glacial AF and ergonomics leave a lot to be desired. It'll be a shelf-queen for now. I'd heard about the shutter issue on the 30 & 50 but didn't realise the same issue plagued the K-01 too - a cautionary tale for sure.

Something of which I was unaware, I guess I never noticed it as I hadn't used those bodies.

Might be the last shot out of my K-01 before the shutter stuck closed. Apparently a fairly common issue due to a faulty solenoid on the K-30 & K-50 too.

View attachment 256414IMGP8909 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

Sorry to hear about your K-01 woes, Walter. As you know, a handful of older Pentax K bodies were more prone to this than others. I no longer have a K-01 now but really enjoyed using mine when I had it. RIP.

All hail the mighty K3 mk III images incoming to this thread! :D

Those are impressive captures, the last one is definitely my favorite - the aesthetic effect of the composition and the lens characteristics/bokeh, as well as the colors, all elevate this way beyond how I usually feel about bird photos. It's almost like that photo says more, and draws the viewer further in.

A little excitement for a few minutes this morning here at the apartments. Luckily, false alarm. K-1 + FA 77, a little straightening, crop to remove some ugly stuff near the edges, resized for web.
original.jpg

Another BOO (bird of opportunity) - male Western Tanager. Sorry for twigs in the way, best angle I could get for a shot. The paired female was also in the tree, but not visible enough for a photo. Another one of the birds I see for such a short slice of time I don't usually get a chance at a shot. K-3III + DA*300/4, heavy crop and resize for web.
original.jpg

original.jpg

Back