Pentax Pentax image thread

Daisies a few days before trimming:
IMGP6689.jpg

Basil plant against the curtain:
IMGP6713.jpg

The Crassula oviata getting a sprinkling:
IMGP6700.jpg

I bought an MV1 back in the early 80’s and it came with the M40 2.8. (I picked up the combo new for $100 in a camera shop in San Francisco.) A great pancake. The focus ring was so thin I used to think of the knurling as serrations.

Nice shots, Walter.

I think among the many fine Pentax lenses I've used, the DA 40 is right up near the top. So small, so capable - and such a useful focal length.

The cheaper plastic-y one is every bit as fine, optically, as its metal sibling. Either one makes a great keep-on-one's-camera-most-of-the-time lens.
I bought an MV1 back in the early 80’s and it came with the M40 2.8. (I picked up the combo new for $100 in a camera shop in San Francisco.) A great pancake. The focus ring was so thin I used to think of the knurling as serrations.

Hmmm. I am liking the images you are posting coming out of the K-7. They have a different character/look that I can't explain.

Reading the wikipedia article on the K-7 (& its predecessor the K-20) and the follow-up K-5, it looks like Pentax & Samsung worked together on the 14.6MP sensor before switching to the Sony on the K-5. That would certainly explain the some of the different look to the sensor. I'd forgotten Samsung also released a K-mount digital camera in the late 00's too.

Reading the wikipedia article on the K-7 (& its predecessor the K-20) and the follow-up K-5, it looks like Pentax & Samsung worked together on the 14.6MP sensor before switching to the Sony on the K-5. That would certainly explain the some of the different look to the sensor. I'd forgotten Samsung also released a K-mount digital camera in the late 00's too.
I think that explains it. There's this film-like feel and the Pentax colour palette is still present.

Here are some quick SooC sample shots using the SMC Pentax-DA 50-200mm ED WR.

Overcast day and through a window.
IMGP7856.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Overcast, still
IMGP7872.JPG

IMGP7911.JPG

IMGP7916.JPG

IMGP7964.JPG

This one is technically a BIF shot, haha.
IMGP7969.JPG

IMGP7971.JPG

Here are some of my first shots using the 28mm Pentax-M. The lighting was properly dull and I haven't taken the setup with the lens outside with good lighting yet. These are all SooC and noise reduction is set to 0.
IMGP8559.JPG

IMGP8570.JPG

IMGP8580.JPG
IMGP8581.JPG

The obligatory night shot... This beast only goes up to ISO 1600! I can EV comp this a notch higher and use RawTherapee to denoise.
IMGP8586.JPG

IMGP8589.JPG

Back