Pentax Pentax K-3

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/PZGmeg23ICQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/PZGmeg23ICQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

John, you can pre-order the limited edition here......there are only 2000 of them. Don't wait too long. Pentax K-3

Hah - nobody believes you John... I will probably replace my K-5 with this once the early adopters have de-bugged the early production run. I've passed on the 5ii etc minor upgrades waiting for this one, but this seems to justify staying in the Pentax world after a bit of time where that seemed rather in question. The upgraded AF and a bit more resolution (which I usually deploy in cropping) is always good.

Noticed the specs indicate it is now 40g heavier... so it now might not qualify for Serious Compacts photos?? ;)

I'm not sure I really like the looks of the limited edition, it looks kinda dated and I'm not yet convinced that it's the classic or classy kind of dated... other than that, if I were in the market for a DSLR, it'd probably be this or the K-50. Fortunately for my wallet, I'm not in the market :)

I picked up a K-30 body on closeout for $450. And my K-5 still works fine, so I'm good on the DSLR front. Of course, if the K-5 II body ever drops below $500, I wouldn't mind its better low-light auto-focus. But nothing urgent.

Darn you, John. It had to be the silver one, didn't it? As a long time Pentax guy, I really like seeing them produce a camera this nice. Those last two shots are great, and the rendering of the flower is just fabulous.

Just realized I had predicted back in Oct that I would upgrade to the K-3; but I decided not to.... instead I picked up an OMD EM5 (down to $799 now...), plus a couple of lenses. Finally into m43.... But to John - I'm sure the K-3 will be a joy to shoot with... Future posts predicted.

Back