Pentax Pentax KP

rayvonn

All-Pro
Jan 19, 2015
43mm apparently provides the most human-like view and its only Pentax that does that focal length, right?

Last edited:

gordo

Veteran
Jul 6, 2017
Arizona
Gordon
AFAIK Pentax is the only one who offers a 43mm lens FF lens, and it is a holdover from the film days. Fuji offers a 27mm (41mm FOV). Nikon used to have a 45mm. Voigtlander produces 40mm lenses for rangefinder and SLR/ DSLR. Haven't really followed any of the other brands.

Aug 27, 2013
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Miguel Tejada-Flores
I'm still stuck between rocks and hard places with regard to my Pentax gear.. I keep wanting a KP but I have decided I don't like a tilt screen, I prefer variable angle so thats going to be a K70. Then, I realise that I still like what I have. So... no new purchase (except I would like some more recent WR lenses). My favourite FoVs seem to be 35 and 55. I had the FA43 and just didn't really bond with it.
The good news about the K-70 is ... relatively speaking, the prices of K-70's, used but in excellent condition, have been coming down lately. Significantly, I believe.

I understand the problem of not needing or wanting to purchase newer cameras...because the older ones that one has are so fine. I pretty much felt the same way about my old Pentax K200d's (both of them). But, for my own purposes, the KP which I bought (on sale, admittedly, after a big price reduction more than a year ago), wound up doing everything I really loved about my K200d's....but, for my tastes and purposes, a little better. The newer sensor - and the newer (and fairly remarkable) high ISO capabilities, were what really sealed the deal, so to speak.

But K-70's are getting more and more reasonable by the day, so as they say, hope springs eternal in a Pentaxian's heart ;)

Aug 27, 2013
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Miguel Tejada-Flores
Speaking of the 40mm focal length - which let's not forget is technically a classic 60mm Field-of-View - I keep being surprised by its versatility. Portraits. Check. Available light. Check. And much to my surprise: Landscapes (in a manner of speaking). Check.

This was taken at sunset, in Oregon City, Oregon.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Of course, I couldn't help thinking of Jean-Paul Sartre's classic play: No Exit.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom