Pentax Pentax KP

agentlossing

Top Veteran
S. Oregon Coast (the Northernmost-Cal of them All)
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Quick walk around old town after work with the DA 21 Limited. The light was good, nearly golden hour, so I must shoot!

IMGP0828-2.jpg

IMGP0833-2.jpg

IMGP0835-2.jpg

IMGP0838-2.jpg

IMGP0863-2.jpg

IMGP0842-2.jpg

IMGP0862-2.jpg

DNG files processed lightly in LR6 to taste. Some of them have one of Samuel Streetlife's Positive Color (Ricoh GR approximations) presets applied. Interestingly, while his presets 01 and 02 are modeled more closely towards the GR II (which some people like better) I found the preset 03 (modeled on the GR III) to look better with these RAW files. There must be a reason Ricoh designers changed the Positive Film output on the GR III.

Last edited:

agentlossing

Top Veteran
S. Oregon Coast (the Northernmost-Cal of them All)
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Here's something I instantly appreciate about the KP, Pentax in general, and the DA 21 limited: colors are fantastic. I've come to realize that color rendition can make or break a digital camera (unless you shoot B&W), there are few things less exciting than a digital file with flat and boring colors. It takes little to nothing to make the KP's files sing. I suspected that might be the case, since it's so closely related to the GR III.

I'm pleased, since, when I decided to move on from my GX9, one of the other options I considered was a Sigma DP2 or DP3, mainly of course for the fantastic colors. But by most reports, you need to nail a very narrow exposure range to get the most out of that sensor. Pentax is giving me a lot for a lot less work...

rayvonn

Hall of Famer
Here's something I instantly appreciate about the KP, Pentax in general, and the DA 21 limited: colors are fantastic. I've come to realize that color rendition can make or break a digital camera (unless you shoot B&W), there are few things less exciting than a digital file with flat and boring colors. It takes little to nothing to make the KP's files sing. I suspected that might be the case, since it's so closely related to the GR III.

I'm pleased, since, when I decided to move on from my GX9, one of the other options I considered was a Sigma DP2 or DP3, mainly of course for the fantastic colors. But by most reports, you need to nail a very narrow exposure range to get the most out of that sensor. Pentax is giving me a lot for a lot less work...
Thanks for posting, it is noteable from your images the similarity with the GRIII's files.

Latest threads

Top Bottom