Sony Pentax lenses for NEX5N

Country Parson

Top Veteran
Name
Dan
I just got a Cowboy Studio adapter to fit Pentax lenses to the NEX5N. The two lenses I have tried so far are the 43mm Ltd. f1.9 and the 77mm Ltd. f1.8. Both work fine with this setup. The adapter is rather large. That is it is larger than any pancake lens by itself, so the whole rig pushes the lens further out than one would hope. Nevertheless, with the help of the peaking feature, it focuses flawlessly. Here is one taken with the 77mm through chicken wire using peaking to get the rooster in focus and ignore the wire, a difficult task for auto focus.

NEX5PK7700191r.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The shutter speed was 1/60th at f1.8 and 320 ISO.

Do you like the peaking better on the NEX or GXR?

Armanius, I think the peaking is far better on the NEX, partly because of the color options it offers. I was photographing a family gathering last weekend and the table setting in the restaurant had lots of red. So I was able to change from red to yellow peaking and it made all the difference. As far as I can tell the GXR only offers white, and it is not as intense as the NEX. Again the NEX offers a setting to intensify the peaking and I have it turned up high.

Back