Pentax Pentax MX-1 Image Thread

A more random sample this time.....

I can never have too many pictures of Aladdin (Laddy) the cat.
20140217_Aladdin-XL.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My bonus daughter, Chloe, on the interwebs, of course
20140219_ChloeOnline-XL.jpg

Stalking neighbors
20140321_ScenicHillHouse2-XL.jpg

Pieris bee attack
20140323_Bee-XL.jpg

Seattle Police Headquarters
20130327_Reflections_PolHeadquarters-XL.jpg

love the squirrel shots (especially the third one) :)
Thanks guys for sharing! I was just musing if I "need"/want that fancy new RX100III. But these shots have blown these thoughts away... I'm ok with what I have... :)

Could those of you who have the MX-1 tell me what the screen is like in bright daylight? I've sworn never to buy a viewfinderless camera ever again... but if the screen is good, that could change. And I do see a lot of really nice shots from the MX-1

Hi Sue

Well I used mine yesterday from 0830 - through to around 1715 and it was bight and sunny all day long, we don't oft get that in the North West of the UK - people were pointing at the sky and asking what "that thing" was, and I did not struggle one single time.

On the other hand - on the first day of using it properly it has become my favourite non DSLR camera I own - the experience feels, to me in my humble opinion, very DSLR like and I love the camera lots.

Hi Sue

Well I used mine yesterday from 0830 - through to around 1715 and it was bight and sunny all day long, we don't oft get that in the North West of the UK - people were pointing at the sky and asking what "that thing" was, and I did not struggle one single time.

On the other hand - on the first day of using it properly it has become my favourite non DSLR camera I own - the experience feels, to me in my humble opinion, very DSLR like and I love the camera lots.

Thanks for that, Mike. Since posting I have decided that its fruitless for me to duplicate something I already have (a 4x zoom compact with a decent sensor, ie my XZ-1). So here's the thing. I'll get an MX-1 (or its successor, if there is one and that isnt looking too likely) if and when the XZ dies. Its good to know that tilty screens can work well instead of EVF.

Hi,

New to the forum but not new to photography although you couldn't tell by the shots I take.

Just acquired the brilliant MX-1. I have an NEX-6 and EOS M and find myself snatching up the MX-1 when I race out the door nowadays. I have found it to be a very pleasant camera to use and the image quality is surprisingly good. Of course, you all know that.

IMGP0111-2.jpg

http://year77.com

The wall.

“If your pictures aren't good enough, you’re not close enough.” - Robert Capa

So,

wall-2.jpg

Was he right?

Actually, that was a random shot I took today while I was waiting for my pick up order at a local Mexican restaurant. I post it here for consideration as an example of the sharpness inherent in MX-1 images. If you zoom in a little, you see bubble craters in the paint very clearly in the focus area.

A more random sample this time.....

I can never have too many pictures of Aladdin (Laddy) the cat.
20140217_Aladdin-XL.jpg

My bonus daughter, Chloe, on the interwebs, of course
20140219_ChloeOnline-XL.jpg

Stalking neighbors
20140321_ScenicHillHouse2-XL.jpg

Pieris bee attack
20140323_Bee-XL.jpg

Seattle Police Headquarters
20130327_Reflections_PolHeadquarters-XL.jpg

cracking photos. Especially like the third

finally had a two day weekend and a bit of time again... :)

Here's two recent MX1 shots (jpgs straight out of camera - no processing...)

dogsitting for a neighbour - Sparky :)

14194665946_c355d86845_c.jpg

Sparky by tilman paulin, on Flickr

enjoying a lazy afternoon in our garden yesterday

14031157999_b3d239b02d_c.jpg

Untitled by tilman paulin, on Flickr

second one is breathtaking. You certainly have the nack of bringing the vey best out of the MX-1 :) :clap2:

Back