Pentax Pentax Q $399 at Amazon

Looks like the price is up by $50 already. The Q looks looks a lot better when you hold it than in pictures. And it handles better than many might suspect as well. If you don't need the zoom lens right away, the first accessry I'd add would be the optical viewfinder that sldes into the hotshoe.

No worries... The Pentax rep told me at an event in New York this week that the company will realign its camera and lens prices this fall so they make more sense. And it includes an MSRP of $399 for the Q.

I like my Q but I'd like it even better if I had not been an early adopter and paid the higher price!

BTW I compared the Q to the hot new thing RX100 and preferred the Q. Obviously they are different intents, but both are small and the Q is (now) cheaper. The Q has a certain rendering that I like and like the B&W images I can pull from the RAW files. The one thing I'd like to improve is the response time - time to start up and time between (RAW) shots.

Crutchfields currently has the Black or White 01 kit for $399 and is including the $99 Vintage Leather case for it, free. Dang!
pentax q at Crutchfield.com

I just paid $395 for a (3036 shutter count) used kit, but I did get an extra battery, a metal JPP hood for the 8.5mm and two Kipon adapters K-to-C and C-to-Q. Like the looks of the case, but I think a case would kind of get in the way. Part of the appeal of this camera to me is that it is on your person at all times and ready to use at a moment's notice. Don't want to fool with getting it free of the case.

Crutchfields currently has the Black or White 01 kit for $399 and is including the $99 Vintage Leather case for it, free. Dang!
pentax q at Crutchfield.com

I just paid $399 for a (3036 shutter count) used kit, but I did get an extra battery, a metal JPP hood for the 8.5mm and two Kipon adapters K-to-C and C-to-Q. Like the looks of the case, but I think a case would kind of get in the way. Part of the appeal of this camera to me is that it is on your person at all times and ready to use at a moments notice. Don't want to fool with getting it free of the case.

That's pretty cool! That case looks nice... I wish the white version would have been on the previous Amazon daily deal... my wife would have preferred white to the black, I think.

I just pulled the trigger on that $399 Crutchfield deal with free two-day shipping and free leather case. If things go well I may add the zoom and optical viewfinder later. But at this price there's very little risk. I've been looking forward to this little camera since handling one at a Pentax event a week or so ago.

Back