Pentax Pentax Q samples

7925179994_9f95551b86_c.jpg

I had never played around with the Pentax Q "Digital Filters" (in camera) before... not as you take the photo, but in processing in the camera after taking the original photos. I started with a Bracketed Exposure set of three images (normal, over, under) and then played around with the digital filters and their parameters. If I saw something that looked decent, I would Save As...

You can also use two or more digital filters in combination on your image. Since I shoot RAW+, the original RAW files are still on the card, untouched for me to play with in post-processing "for real" with Snapseed or Lightroom or Photoshop. Not all images will be everyone's cup 'o tea (they aren't all MY cup 'o tea, either!)

8002065034_11db51224d_z.jpg

Yanney Tower: Kearney, Nebraska #9 by ~Pixelsmithy, on Flickr

I put them in a Flickr set for those interested.

:rofl: Wait, I actually think I see a unicorn in there!

What happened there... something SR related?

Not sure. Never seen anything like this before. Could be a combo of SR and the jello-effect of a sequentially-read electronic shutter.

Note that this is on a big, shaking v-twin motorcycle. I've also used the Q on a smoother BMW and it didn't exhibit the same behavior.

By the by, what in the hell WAS that enormous yellow bike? Did someone go full-custom on a harley electra glide? Also I KNEW you would have at least one friend with an fjr. I called it.

By the by, what in the hell WAS that enormous yellow bike? Did someone go full-custom on a harley electra glide? Also I KNEW you would have at least one friend with an fjr. I called it.

The yellow bike was a Victory Cory Ness Cross Country Tour. And LOL on the FJR. The owner is 68 years young!

Back