Pentax Pentax Q samples

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Jul 13, 2011
Lexington, VA
Steve
Looking for Sue's "Best Picture Ever" I went for a particular image I took with the Q. The search showed me many images taken by that little camera. I had also noticed the other night that I could get a new Q7 body using my Amazon points for only $121. My reasoning is a bit odd, I admit. Love the the Prime #1 9 mm but would like something a little wider. The 1/1.7 sensor provides that. :rolleyes-74:

Biro

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2011
Jersey Shore
Steve
I had also noticed the other night that I could get a new Q7 body using my Amazon points for only $121. My reasoning is a bit odd, I admit. Love the the Prime #1 9 mm but would like something a little wider. The 1/1.7 sensor provides that. :rolleyes-74:
So Steve, are you going to go for it? I had the original Q with the 01, 02 and 06 lenses. I eventually sold it off the kit but missed it. Amazon had a one-day Lightning deal on the Q-S1 body-only for $179 and I grabbed it. I then added the 01 prime (a rare black version) and later the 08 wide-angle zoom. Those are my only Q lenses and I purchased both brand-new at a nice discount from retailers in Japan via eBay. I still have my Q-to-K converter (for my DA 55-300) and my OVF left over from my original Q. Small sensor or not, the Q series is a lot of fun and capable of better results than many who shop by the spec sheet would believe.

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Jul 13, 2011
Lexington, VA
Steve
OK Qusers, here's some San Antonio shots. I had less time to wander than I thought I would.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

john m flores

All-Pro
Aug 13, 2012
Brought a knife to a gunfight

Took photos in a meeting room lit with ugly fluorescent tubes. You know, the kind of place where reporters bring their full-frame cameras and fast 2.8 zooms? I brought the Q7 and 06 zoom. Pushed the ISO to 1600 and went for a high contrast Tri-X look:

NJ Senator Loretta Weinberg
by John Flores, on Flickr

Joe McNamara, LECET

NJ Assemblyman Scott Rumana

Martin Robins, Director Emeritus, Rutgers University Alan M Voorhees Transportation Center

I'm pleasantly surprised with the results. I'll be bringing the Q7 to similar events.

Last edited:

Biro

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2011
Jersey Shore
Steve
I've never understood those who say you can't use ISO 1600 or 3200 on cameras like the Q, small Fujis or the Olympus Stylus 1. It's simply not true. A little grain never hurt anyone. And, frankly, I don't see all that much of it in these images. Nice work, John. Many of these Q photos bring to mind this piece from Mike Johnston of The Online Photographer.

The Online Photographer: Change Your Head

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom