Pentax Pentax Q

Any Pentax Q owners here?
What are best Q settings?
Mostly left the defaults.
  1. I did switch to DNG (JPEG was faster for continuous shooting but not by a significant enough margin to warrant changing),
  2. switched to continuous Lo shooting (High is only available for JPEG and is not much faster IMHO),
  3. tightened up the focus box,
  4. replaced the SD card that came with my camera (came with a big 32Gb SD but it was 6+ years old and very very slow to write - sped my camera up a fair bit switching to a more modern card).
I was tempted to mess with the dial for adjusting the user settings but honestly haven't found the need.

Thanks @phigmov for your reply.
Had to check wiki what DNG is!
Which mode you shoot? (aperture priority etc)
Usually Aperture Priority on all my cameras & brands unless there is something specific I need (eg much more shutter-speed control).

@phigmov : what is your favourite lens to shoot?
Pentax 01 (40mm) for its size & speed but the 02 kit zoom (24-70mm) is nice too - I'd be happy with the 02 as my only lens but it sticks out just enough to make it a little bit awkward in a pocket. I tried the 04 Toy wide but found the manual focus terrible (maybe mine is a bad copy) - I guess it is just a toy-lens. I haven't had much of an opportunity to try my 06 long-zoom. The 08 looks very nice but very very expensive. My next purchase will probably be the fish-eye.

Trying the Fisheye toy-lens - see if I can get anything out of it after disparaging its 'toy-ness' initially. I think I may have the knack of it, as long as you don't think Infinity is actually Infinity, the peaking is usually a pretty good guide. Will try using it some more.

52673522867_d5b1b53b85_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
IMGP2782 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

Back