Pentax Pentax Q2 Rumor

Biro

Hall of Famer
Name
Steve
This rumor was published on the Pentax Forums site today:

Pentax Q2 Rumor - Pentax Rumors | PentaxForums.com

It seems nice and I still have my Q-to-K adaptor and external OVF from my original Q that I sold off earlier this year. But if this Q2 still has no built-in EVF, then I'll probably let the adaptor and OVF go. Interchangeable lenses or not, technology and the market move on and the Q2 will have to be very good indeed to compete with the onslaught of new enthusiast compacts with one-inch sensors.

EDIT: If the administrators think this should be posted under the Pentax Q forum, feel free to move it.

Yeah, GM1 is on my shortlist. Would make a tiny, high quality kit with the Panny 14, Panny 20, and Oly 45. Wish it had hotshoe and mic input though.

Sigh, still no perfect camera...

I miss my Q. I bought an E-PM2 and thought it would replace the Q. IQ is better but it doesn't have the same feel.

Would buy the Q2 if there is a Q2/01 kit. I miss my old Q and the 01 prime.

Pentax has done a unique thing with the Q, namely make a tiny camera still feel like a real camera, not a point-and-shoot on steroids, not like a computer with a lens. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but the fact that others have tried and failed shows that it's not as easy as it sounds.

The Q-S1 is listed at Adorama for $399, body only. They seem to be getting much better idea of reasonable pricing. Some fun typos if you go looking. Not only can you get a 15-45 lens for free, but the S1 kit comes with a Q7. :)

Pentax has done a unique thing with the Q, namely make a tiny camera still feel like a real camera, not a point-and-shoot on steroids, not like a computer with a lens. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but the fact that others have tried and failed shows that it's not as easy as it sounds.

This is very true. And yet, I'm a bit disappointed that the latest Q seems to be only a cosmetic makeover (and a good-looking camera it certainly is). If they didn't add an EVF, I'm sincerely wondering why we didn't get a better rear LCD. Where's the 1,230,000-dot screen with White Magic pixels like the Ricoh GR? At least make working without a viewfinder a better proposition.

This is very true. And yet, I'm a bit disappointed that the latest Q seems to be only a cosmetic makeover (and a good-looking camera it certainly is). If they didn't add an EVF, I'm sincerely wondering why we didn't get a better rear LCD. Where's the 1,230,000-dot screen with White Magic pixels like the Ricoh GR? At least make working without a viewfinder a better proposition.

The big question is why buy one of these and not a discounted Q7.

Back