Pentax Pentaxi holding collective breath..

JKLso

Regular
Name
jim
PentaxForums has a countdown (currently 1hr 40min) to possible life-altering news for many Pentax owners. Several new 36×24 lenses are leaking specs as we speak, and the mythical camera to justify it may finally make an appearance to justify them - not just this decade but this year! :eek: No they really mean it this time. Honest.

In other similar news - NewCameraNews reports bizarre optimism in Pentaxica/

I want Olympus to make a digital full frame version of their wonderful 35SP from the film days -- or the RC, RD, etc -- a fixed lens rangefinder with a sharp lens around 40mm. They could even keep it manual focus - who needs auto focus with a real rangefinder. That's my dream, and I'll stick to it. About as likely as Luke's unicorn, though. They don't even have to make a full frame interchangeable lens system to make me happy. A digital 35SP -- oh, THAT would be heaven!

PentaxForums has a countdown (currently 1hr 40min) to possible life-altering news for many Pentax owners. Several new 36×24 lenses are leaking specs as we speak, and the mythical camera to justify it may finally make an appearance to justify them - not just this decade but this year! :eek: No they really mean it this time. Honest.

In other similar news - NewCameraNews reports bizarre optimism in Pentaxica/

Nah, it's just another iteration of the Q. :D

I want Olympus to make a digital full frame version of their wonderful 35SP from the film days -- or the RC, RD, etc -- a fixed lens rangefinder with a sharp lens around 40mm. They could even keep it manual focus - who needs auto focus with a real rangefinder. That's my dream, and I'll stick to it. About as likely as Luke's unicorn, though. They don't even have to make a full frame interchangeable lens system to make me happy. A digital 35SP -- oh, THAT would be heaven!

Count me in. Compared to what I've owned and shot back in the day every single digicam I've owned so far feels, handles and shoots like a compromise. Give me a OM1 or 2, F2 or 3, M2, ...same size and weight, with a modern 16-24MP Bayer CFA FF sensor, original set of controls (ASA>ISO dial), RAW only, NO AF/video/cheat screen/menu system/USB/Hdmi/.. and I'm set for good and will shut the .... up :D

I'm mainly thrilled the image circle is "big enuf for larger sensors". Where's my medium format Pentax?! Lol

Back