Sony People shots from a recent trip to Ronda

James, I like them and I do agree they have a special intensity to them that Nic has remarked upon. I think it's all a matter of personal taste as to what you want - if you wante the almost hyper realness then go for it...

Sometimes in camera settings can really have a strong effect...are these jpegs? I think they are?

the compositions are great. The processing in the first uploads is a bit much (for my taste) for people photos. Other subjects can handle the crfazy juicing a little better, I think. I'd love to see some SOOC shots to see what the camera and its' processing engine are all about. The toned down one is gorgeous and quite film-like....maybe a little too far in the other direction, but I think it suits the subject perfectly. Also, I really love the landscapes and stuff on the other thread. I want to spend a little more time and really drink them in. That sunshine looks great in our chilly December.

Keep 'em coming.

Luckypenguin. I know what you mean about the slight hdr look, but I just used clarity, curves and sharpness. Either, it was the really strong afternoon sun, or I think the new Sony sensor is somehow improving the micro contrast captured in the images. Either way, it is nice to have that level of clarity there. :) Strange though, because lately I have been playing with a more retro look to my photos. I might try it on a couple of these and see if it tones them down a bit. I'll re post a couple of results.

Thanks again,

James

James, when I used to have a NEX3, I would also push/pull the files to yield the same type of look. It might be slightly HDR-ish, but I actually like it! The great thing about the NEX3 files, and even more so with the 5N's 16 mp sensor, is the dynamic range captured by the sensor. So why not put it to good use? :)

Merry Christmas!

These were all shot and processed from RAW. I did notice something earlier. I had saved my camera RAW defaults from a previous batch of photos taken on a dull day, hence the more intense look. Now i've gone through them, I actually quite like them and won't re edit them. I shall resume my more retro look on my next batch now I have reset the camera raw settings. :)

Merry Christmas to All.

Back