Fuji personal touches on my X100

optic

View attachment 358
I've had my X100 for 2 years, which is a long time for me. The camera is perfect for the type of work I do, I love it. I've added a couple of accessories to make shooting more enjoyable, the soft release is essential, I've used one on my cameras for 10 years and I find it very smooth and sensitive. The other accessory is the wrist strap, which was custom made. I don't like shoulder straps but the wrist strap feels great it's discreet and it acts as a brace, allowing me to shoot very slow speeds.

I'd be interested to know how other users personalize their cameras. Does anyone use a Thumbs Up?

Attachments

• black1.jpg
    black1.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 1,035
Ok I just gave in a ordered a screen protector (really a must have) and a cool nylon and leather wrist strap for my NEX 7. I'm not gonna be able to make larger camera purchases for a couple of months, so getting little things fills the gap ;) I'm also interested in a soft release for my X10...

Please excuse my ignorance... What is a soft release?

A soft release is a small concave or convex button that screws into the shutter release of a camera. It allows the photographer to press the shutter release with less force thereby reducing the chance that vibrations from the act of pressing the shutter will contribute to camera shake. You can see it attached to the X100 in the first post - I believe in this case it is brass.

Here's mine.The big soft release is a cheap $8 unit from ebay.I had a nice aluminum one for a couple of weeks but it got lost.This one works great,love the size and color and it's probably the only thing with Leica on it I'll ever have.The strap is the DSPTCH advertised on the sites.Like it a lot.I wear it long and bandoleer style with the camera almost on my back, out of the way.The bottom plate is a modified JB Camera designs that I cut off leaving only the bottom which screws on.The metal caps on the x100 are rather soft and prone to scratching.I wanted something to protect it when setting it down.I thought of taping the bottom but this works better and doesn't hide the beautiful design.I don't use the hood so I protect the lens with an old filter with glass knocked out to act as a spacer,then a clear filter over that,then the beauty ring on top.A 46 mm Panasonic lens cap goes on last.I carry it in an old nylon POLO SPORT BAG.

8475038732_cd66221193_b.jpg

Fuji X100 by spinyman, on Flickr

I came to this post from a French newspaper site and at first glance read the title as "personne ne touche mon X100" (No one touches my X100), so you can see where I'm coming from. In defense of my stinginess, though, I should add that I just got the camera yesterday.

I've just gotten mine the jcc adapter and hood, but replaced the 49mm uv filter with a good, B&W. Then, so I can put the lens cap on and off while using the hood, I put a plastic center-pinch lens cap on the filter. It's not a pretty as the original, but if I'm out shooting it's more functional.

I'm already in love with this camera!

First time I ever bought an extra accessory to a camera (apart from screen protector ;)), and it is a cheap $8 soft release on the X-E1. Before buying one I thought those are just puff - something to make the camera look nice but doesn't add anything of value. Having tried one now I swear it does wonders. :) I like how easier it is to half-press and press the button (with the added benefit of having your camera look much nicer, of course).

Back