Fuji Petition for Capture One 8

Gianmarco

Over in our Italian Fuji-X club on Facebook, Alessio Furlan one of our members, that was a beta tester for Phase one's Capture one pro 8 has been in talks with Phase one in order to get better support for Fuji raw files, he was told that at this time Phase one is not particularly interested in further development for Fuji cameras unless there is some real interest by the end users.

So he set up a petition!

The technical aspects that we would like to be implemented for Fuji raw files that currently do not work are;
- Lens Correction Tools (currently not working for Fuji Raf files)
- Enable the use of Auto Mask (currently disabled for Fuji Raf files)
- Enable the use Lens Cast Correction (currently disabled for Fuji Raf files)
- Enable the advanced features of the chromatic aberration correction tool (currently disabled for Fuji Raf files)
- Further improve the extrapolation of details in Raf files

If you would like to help please sign the petition the more we are the more likely it is that Phase One will take us seriously

Thank you all for your time

You can find the petition here SOTTOSCRIZIONE PER CAPTURE ONE PRO/PETITION FOR CAPTURE ONE PRO

I'm not entirely not sure why I'd lobby a company who clearly says that it isn't interested in better supporting my cameras.

I'd rather intensify my support for companies and individuals who are actively improving my cameras. For example, Brian Griffith of Iridient is currently beta-testing a new version of Iridient Developer with many X-Trans related improvements, including several different demosaicing options.

By the way, lens corrections work great with my C8 and RAFs, and the CA checkbox is available, too. So the only Fuji-specific improvements I'd be interested in are on the X-Trans demosaicing side.

I'll check, and pass on your comments to the author of the petition, I'm just a messenger. As to why we are lobbying Phase One......not all of us are using a Mac......maybe we should be lobbying Brian Griffith for a PC version of Irident :D

I'll check, and pass on your comments to the author of the petition, I'm just a messenger. As to why we are lobbying Phase One......not all of us are using a Mac......maybe we should be lobbying Brian Griffith for a PC version of Irident :D

You could certainly do that, and you would not be the first to do so. My fear is that a PC version of Iridient would bind so many of Brian's ressources that innovation would slow down. I know how hard it is, as I am writing my books twice in German and English. I could cover twice as many cameras with books by sticking to either German or English.

Maybe some people really like Capture One and would like these options available. It's really sad that the xpert and a moderator are down on something because they don't use it or support it.

Back