Animals Pets; Dogs & Cat

Brothers . . .

DSCF0141.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ace, AKA Mr. Mouth. He is a rescue, a Schipperke. He was four months old when I got him out of a dope house where he had three Pit Bulls for companions. He was a bit jumpy. He is about 15 now and no longer jumpy. He is very spoiled. I did not do this. While I was sleeping one night a band of Eskimos came in and did it. That's my story and I am sticking to it. On long road trips he is Lt. Cmdr. Ace Barksalot and is co-pilot, flight engineer and navigator, when not sleeping between shifts. Schipperkes are difficult dogs. I have had them for thirty years now and in spite of being a pain in the butt they are also very endearing. This guy hasn't got much gas left in his tank and I will really miss him when he is gone. He has been a boon companion the whole time he has been under my roof.

Shot this with a Tamron 500MM f/8.0 mirror reflex lens.

A7300826.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

He died in March. He is buried outside my picture window where I can watch him now. Schipperkes are sneaky escape artists.
Very sorry to hear that, @boojum .

We have our two little darlings where we can keep an eye on them, next to our fence with Royal Melbourne Golf Course. They can watch the finger food and cat hawks from there.

Thanks for all your kind comments about losing Ace. He was a great little dog and except for one instance we always were together. He got to pee and poop all over this country, sleep on the other bed in motels and just generally be a good travel companion. Here we are in a trip through Louisiana a few years back. The photographer said to not smile so neither of us did.

Ace aloft.jpg

Back