Photo of a photographer taking a photo

When photographing quickly-moving subjects, the photographer sometimes needs to adopt an almost Zen-like slowness--

XPro3_May1_22_photographing_a_tree.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

But when multiple photographers enter into one's frame, one must quickly press the shutter to capture them, before they disappear in the blink of an eye.

XPro3_May1_22_photographers_photographing.jpg

Even more challenging is what happens when the photographer finds themself face-to-face with a subject who seems determined to win their staring contest with the lens that is 'capturing' them.

XPro3_May1_22_photographer_photographing_mannequin.jpg

A friend and I went to the Golden Glove (boxing) finals in NYC. I took my cam and a reasonable tele. It was the first and only time I shot a roll of B&W pushed to ISO 800. Before the start of the bouts I went up to the ring and asked a newspaper tog about settings. We talked for a couple of seconds, then he invited me to sit next to him. I would have been one of those guys with his cam resting on the ring apron. Chose to return to my seat and watch the fights with him.
Talking to her may have led to her getting you on the pitch(?).

I wouldn't have been interested in getting on the pitch .... talking to a bunch of ego inflated rugby players not my thing
Met a a couple of All Blacks a few years ago, as part of a promotion against violence. It just so happened that I had been to school with the grandfather of one of them, and mentioned it. His arrogance in ignoring me was stupendous!
:)

Back