photo quality

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
I just loaded up a shot on my flickrstream earlier tonight. I also shared it here using the flickr BBcode. When I have them open in different browser windows, the IQ difference is enough that the one on PL looks like a snapshot, where the one on flickr shows nice sharp detail and greater contrast. It just looks much more vivid and 3D.

Can you tell me if you are seeing the same thing in my samples? Is it similar for all shots or am I doing something wrong?

Here's the shot on PL (and one should probably open these in different browser windows to compare them easier) ....... Black & White, monotone and sepia

and on flickr...... https://www.flickr.com/photos/lukinosity/17075557317/

Could it be the neutral versus stark white background? The dark grey background on Flickr seems to complement the shot more, and makes me think that it is a bit more punch processed.

How your images look on PL depends a lot on your browser settings. I'm using Firefox (Win7) and can change the relative size of the contents via [Ctrl] + mouse wheel. There might be other options as well but I'm glad I found this one - makes for a big difference.

Luke,

I tried it with Firefox, Explorer, and Chrome on a Toshiba Ultrabook, clicking on the enlarge button to make the picture as large as possible within the browser. Chrome showed the most detail and sharpness, Explorer a bit less, and Firefox the least detail and sharpness.

Unrelated but similar, I've notice that Perfect Effects 8 seems to render my SOOC pix sharper and crisper than DXO9 on the same computer.

Cheers, Jock

Back