photography can seriously damage your health

bartjeej said:
really? It was all I could do to not go insane when I broke my leg. The cake of sweat and skin flakes that was coming out of my cast was probably the cause of the itch!

Euwww!

things get better

A visit to Lucy the physio today & she's very happy indeed with progress; at the moment she sees no reason why I might not get 99% mobility back. I've now got a couple of weeks of gentle hand exercises and I can even take the big wrist splint off for a rest ... Plus - so long as I'm careful - I can handle the E-P2 and Bessa again ...

I know Heather said I'd have a "beast of a scar, but this is how things look three weeks on - very tidy!

7699498646_2cbc7022ed_c.jpg

healing by _loupe, on Flickr

Well it's looking good, you must have been a good patient :) Do the physio though, so many people fall down at this point. My daughter didn't after she snapped her cruciate ligament many years ago and now can't lift her knee up too much.

Good to hear things are progressing well (and sorry for grossing you out earlier! :tongue: ), as others said, take it easy, don't rush things, but you seem to realise how important it is(y)

pdh said:
A visit to Lucy the physio today & she's very happy indeed with progress; at the moment she sees no reason why I might not get 99% mobility back. I've now got a couple of weeks of gentle hand exercises and I can even take the big wrist splint off for a rest ... Plus - so long as I'm careful - I can handle the E-P2 and Bessa again ...

I know Heather said I'd have a "beast of a scar, but this is how things look three weeks on - very tidy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22065841@N05/7699498646/
healing by _loupe, on Flickr

Its looking pretty good, all things considered. Any news about when the splint comes off for good?

The wrist splint probably comes off in about a fortnight and the the finger splint about 5 weeks.

Still can't drive until early Sept though. Which is the thing that's sending me up the wall. No buses to anywhere sensible either.

five weeks on

five weeks on, the wrist splint is off but I retain the finger splint for another month ... still can't drive and have to watch carefully what I do (no lifting, no hard gripping) and have hourly exercises to complete ... not too much of a mess of a scar ... but can't make a fist, or touch index finger to palm ... we'll have to see whether that improves ... looking at the scar though, the tidiest bit is in the centre where the glass went in, while the bumpy messy bits are where the surgeon had to extend to the wound to get access ... was she using the edge of a sardine can or something?

7787970918_fa78d27fb4_z.jpg

20120814-2 by _loupe, on Flickr

hmm sort of :rolleyes: ... I'm not known for patience so perhaps it's all karmic ... it's driving me a bit nutty just sitting around in this place, there's almost no public transport and I haven't seen the sea for nearly 3 months

I have a bad back this week so I can sympathise with you having suddenly gone from very active to having to sit around all day and do everything slowly and carefully. I have some diclofenac which takes the edge off the pain but the annoying thing is that I didn't get this from dancing, I got it afterwards by plonking down at this computer sitting on a chair with my knees up to my chin (hmmm!) my lower back siezed up :(

The scarring almost blends in with the rest of the contours of your hand which is nice, no frankenstein marks. As to 99%, how they can measure that 1% is beyond me but it sounds like you'll pretty much have a full recovery. I don't envy your being house bound as I've been there too many times myself for one reason or another but freedom will be so sweet when you can finally go to the beach again. I remember eating a cherry tomato after months of nothing but broth and a hand full of crackers here and there and it was like the most glorious thing I had ever tasted. Maybe you don't feel so patient but you will feel the reward of all this time when you are told you can do what you want. Glad it's going so well for you!

Back