photography can seriously damage your health

Hmm well I hate to interrupt you two flirting over tomatoes but I just wanted to say thank you for that Kristen it was a really sweet post.

Hmm well I hate to interrupt you two flirting over tomatoes but I just wanted to say thank you for that Kristen it was a really sweet post.

Just saying it like it is but you're welcome Paul. Btw, can't wait to see the photos you take when you do get out.. they will be all full of that I'm Free glow of happiness ;)

I'll see how it goes this week with the heavier cameras. Might be ok.

though I have to say that using my old IXUS750 (SD550) - the one I converted to shoot raw using CHDK - has been rather fun; monochromes look good from it (I reckon it's to do with the noise texture from that little 1/1.8" 7.1MP sensor ; I've noticed how lovely RD-1 monos are too and thats a 6MP sensor - albeit much bigger of course)

It's almost exactly 60 days since I had the accident, and this week was allowed (mostly) to do without the splint and allowed to drive again ... the relief of being able to get out and about again was considerable ... unfortunately the car was sulking having been left on her own for two months, and she needed some encouragement from a defib machine to start ... anyhoo, here's the hand now ... it doesn't look exactly like it did, but only I would know that I suppose (I do after all know it like the back of my hand) ... the scar surprisingly un-noticeable ...

7980535047_05ae833562.jpg

20120912-1-2 by _loupe, on Flickr​

... and of course, no post from me would be complete without some sheep ... these are Frieslands and they held me up for a little while yesterday ... not sure why they tried to nibble my wing-mirror though ...

7980485260_9dda468f5c.jpg

A trip to hospital tomorrow to see the physio, no doubt I'll be given more exercises to do (I still can't really lift anything heavy with my right hand, plus it alternately itches, aches and burns) ... overall not as bad as it could have been of course

I see just a hint of pink on the skin, Paul, we'll call that a you're getting better blush. I can understand your car throwing a tantrum after being parked, mine will get angry after a week. But wasn't that going out most sweet!

looking good, Paul! Glad to have you back to being out and about again, and those are some lovely sheep, and from the name it appears they're originally Dutch (or actually Frysian)!

Yes, that's good advice Gary, and it has encouraged me to undertake a comprehensive risk-assessment procedure, as a result of which I've also decided to stop putting small pieces of Lego in my mouth and avoid running with scissors ... :)

Back