Photography related Christmas gift suggestions?

vincechu

Veteran
Hi everyone,

Just thought it would be nice to start a thread of 'photography related Christmas gift suggestions', as the festive period is just around the corner :)

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for any GAS occurances as a result of this thread ;)

Edit: I've just thought:

If anyone suggests something that you like, why not support the forums (if you've seen the item at one of our affiliates) by using one of these links before you make the purchase:

B&H Photo | Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.ca | Adorama

Your price is unaffected, and a referral fee (2-4% of your purchase) is paid to us by the retailer.

Note: For us to get credit for the referral, you must click our link prior to placing any items in your "shopping cart".

The X10 sounds great, I wish I was your dad ;-)

I love the photobook idea, especially as I never seem to print photos these days and because a lot of my family don't really use any online photo sharing sites. It'll be great for me to make a photobook for my grandma for example, because she doesn't/can't use the internet lol.

Edit: in fact I will definately make her a photobook :)

Edit: in fact I will definately make her a photobook :)

2 years ago, I made a 24 months calendar with many of my travel pics. Not to mention that many photo services offer stuff like mugs, mousepads, puzzles, T-shirts, wallets, pillow casings, snowcones etc. printed with your photographs, which can be a welcome present if you have pics of somebody's pet, baby, favorite car etc..

Here's an example of what one service I use here in Germany can do: Fotogeschenke für jeden Anlass gestalten & kaufen

My other half just asked what I wanted for Christmas while she was doing dishes. I find it funny cuz she asked as I came across this thread. I would like the 20mm foe my pl2.

I think of buying a Fuji X10 for my dad, and I also made a photobook for those who supported us with our never-ending horse nightmare.

flysurfer, I've looked at each and every photograph in your book and will do so again and again. I only wish I spoke German, since I'm assuming that's the language you've written it in. There are so many wonderful pictures in this book about Conny, her family and all the people who've been helping her. I wish I could figure out a way to embed some of the photographs here - for example that phenomenally striking image of Conny lying down in her stall on page 33 to name just one - but an incredible one. What a wonderful gift you're going to give - and most importantly, I look forward to hearing how she is doing down the line. There are some truly fantastic photos in that book - as well as many deeply moving ones. Many thanks for sharing the pdf of the book with us here.

I think of buying a Fuji X10 for my dad, and I also made a photobook for those who supported us with our never-ending horse nightmare.

I finally had a moment to go through the whole of your photobook too and WOW. Although I didn't understand the German, the photos told the story well, in fact it was like seeing a masterclass of the photo story concept. I found the whole photobook to be very powerful and moving, furthermore your photos were top class - I particularly like your use of colour, black and white and how you at times left only Conny's tongue in colour to emphasise her gentle, loving nature.

Well done, it is indeed a photobook to be proud of. I hope Conny is doing well too :)

I'm thinking this may be the cat's meow for sending someone pictures:

KODAK PULSE Digital Frame / W730S / 7 in.

We've been thinking about one of those as well for my wife's parents... I think we are going to get a tablet instead, for the mobility and additional functionality. You would lose the slideshow functionality, until there is an app interfacing flickr, etc. The iPad is big price gap right now, but the Amazon Kindle Fire may be an option now at $199. No mention yet of a flickr app, but the browser would work for that, smugmug, etc.

Amazon.com: Kindle Fire (Previous Generation - 1st): Kindle Store

flysurfer, I've looked at each and every photograph in your book and will do so again and again. I only wish I spoke German, since I'm assuming that's the language you've written it in. There are so many wonderful pictures in this book about Conny, her family and all the people who've been helping her. I wish I could figure out a way to embed some of the photographs here - for example that phenomenally striking image of Conny lying down in her stall on page 33 to name just one - but an incredible one. What a wonderful gift you're going to give - and most importantly, I look forward to hearing how she is doing down the line. There are some truly fantastic photos in that book - as well as many deeply moving ones. Many thanks for sharing the pdf of the book with us here.

I finally had a moment to go through the whole of your photobook too and WOW. Although I didn't understand the German, the photos told the story well, in fact it was like seeing a masterclass of the photo story concept. I found the whole photobook to be very powerful and moving, furthermore your photos were top class - I particularly like your use of colour, black and white and how you at times left only Conny's tongue in colour to emphasise her gentle, loving nature.

Well done, it is indeed a photobook to be proud of. I hope Conny is doing well too :)

Thanks, any suggestions to improve the book are very welcome and appreciated, so fire ahead. I already made some changes, and while the download link remains the same, the underlying file has already been updated a few times.

Btw, Conny is short for Constantin – he is Russian. ;)

Back