Photography websites worth your time

BBW

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
I was blown away the first time I saw Nachtwey's images. But what changed my life - literally!! - is watching Christian Frei's documentary on him called "The War Photographer". For those who have not seen it, well I cannot recommend it highly enough! Be warned some scenes are gruesome and others horrific, but well worth the overall feeling and appreciation you walk away with.

OK, it's not a website, but......hey, maybe there are portions available for viewing online if that validates this entry. I bought the DVD and watch it every now and again for inspiration.

The Luddite - aka Stills :redface:
Hey, thanks so much Mark! Here is one place they are available for sale - both this one and other DVDs:artfilm.ch - War Photographer - Christian Frei - Film auf DVD and Amazon has it and others, as well:Amazon.com: War Photographer: James Nachtwey, Christiane Amanpour, Hans-Hermann Klare, Christiane Breustedt, Des Wright (II), Denis O'Neill, Christian Frei: Movies & TV

The one you mentioned is available on Netflix, for those who have that available.

Vince, I remember Ashwin Rao's articles on Steve Huff's site...that was when I was being seduced by the Leica X1:wink: and I enjoyed both his writing style and his photographs.

BBW

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB

BBW

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Bringing this oldie but goodie thread back up for air... I know I've already posted about this photography site but it's too good to not mention again: Lens Blog on the NY Times New York Times Photojournalism - Photography, Video and Visual Journalism Archives - Lens Blog - NYTimes.com daily updates on photography, video and visual journalism. It certainly is a dose of reality mixed in with beauty, death, and all other parts of life around our globe. I have it as a bookmark on my toolbar. Hope you enjoy your time looking if you aren't already a regular.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom