Photography websites worth your time

I was blown away the first time I saw Nachtwey's images. But what changed my life - literally!! - is watching Christian Frei's documentary on him called "The War Photographer". For those who have not seen it, well I cannot recommend it highly enough! Be warned some scenes are gruesome and others horrific, but well worth the overall feeling and appreciation you walk away with.

OK, it's not a website, but......hey, maybe there are portions available for viewing online if that validates this entry. I bought the DVD and watch it every now and again for inspiration.

The Luddite - aka Stills :redface:

Hey, thanks so much Mark! Here is one place they are available for sale - both this one and other DVDs:artfilm.ch - War Photographer - Christian Frei - Film auf DVD and Amazon has it and others, as well:Amazon.com: War Photographer: James Nachtwey, Christiane Amanpour, Hans-Hermann Klare, Christiane Breustedt, Des Wright (II), Denis O'Neill, Christian Frei: Movies & TV

The one you mentioned is available on Netflix, for those who have that available.

Vince, I remember Ashwin Rao's articles on Steve Huff's site...that was when I was being seduced by the Leica X1;) and I enjoyed both his writing style and his photographs.

Bringing this oldie but goodie thread back up for air... I know I've already posted about this photography site but it's too good to not mention again: Lens Blog on the NY Times New York Times Photojournalism - Photography, Video and Visual Journalism Archives - Lens Blog - NYTimes.com daily updates on photography, video and visual journalism. It certainly is a dose of reality mixed in with beauty, death, and all other parts of life around our globe. I have it as a bookmark on my toolbar. Hope you enjoy your time looking if you aren't already a regular.

Back