Fuji Photos from Germany and Austria

BigTam

Regular
Name
Ron
Some of my first photos with the X100. Mostly in Auto-everything mode: at family parties and on holiday, I just want to snap, but I am moving more and more to aperture priority. Auto-ISO set to 3200 max and Auto-DR. JPG only at the moment, as my preferred PP tool (DxO Optics Pro) doesn't yet support the Fuji, but the JPG-Engine in the Fuji is wonderful.

None of the photos were processed, other than cropping. They have been resized with XnView.

This one was indoors in a museum, difficult lighting:

Bust.jpg

and this is in a poorly lit church, as a panorama, hand-held:

Church.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The obligatory granddaughter pose, I find the colours sensational:

Granddaughter.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

and who says the Fujinon isn't sharp?

Flower.jpg

Here's a 100% crop:

RHP_2011_07_25_Bergklösterle_03_Crop.jpg

I have hardly touched my D7000 since I got the X100.

Best regards!

Big Tam, welcome home!:D You've been missed here.

I'm so excited and pleased for you with your out of the camera results. Very impressed with that panorama especially when I double click it to see it in its larger form.

Your granddaughter is a darling beauty!

One of the best things about this camera, in my not too prejudiced opinion, is how it lends itself to so much of life.

BB, you may remember me rationalizng that the panorama feature could compensate for the Sigma 10-20mm on my D7000. At 10mm it has a FOV of 100°. So my 120° panorama can be used for that, after all. And the quality of the images means cropping a little gives me up to about a 60-70mm equivalent. So I don't really miss the zooms.

I also find the fixed length makes me less lazy about framing. I am now seriously considering selling the D7000 and keeping my trusty old D40 as a backup for the X100, instead of the X100 as a backup for the D7000.

The more I use it, the less I notice the quirks: I almost never go into the menus.

BTW, apart from my granddaughter, the photos were taken in Carinthia in southern Austria.

Well, BBW, after a long break, it's time to update my profile. After nearly a year where I shot my X100 almost exclusively, I decided to sell my D7000 and F-mount lenses.

But since I sometimes felt the need for wider or longer, I fell for the OM-D E-M5. Must be something about retro :)

So now I have the Oly with 9-18 and 40-150 zooms and the Sigma 30 and Oly 45 primes. Still learning the Oly menus and handling, but the X100 is absolutely intuitive, an extension of eye and hand.

My eyes are great now, so it's down to practice, practice, practice!

Will post some shots from my coming holiday in Scotland when I get back. Live well!

Back