Photos from non X-Series Fujifilm cameras/products

ean10775

All-Pro
Name
Eric
If the moderators feel this thread isn't appropriate for this forum, please feel free to close it, but as I mentioned in several other threads here, part of what has led me back to Fujifilm (having just purchased an X-E1) is my enjoyment of the first bridge cam I had, the Fujifilm Finepix s6000fd which I kind of see now as a distant relative of the X-S1. I thought it might be nice to have a thread or subforum for photos and discussion of other Fujifilm related cameras and products, whether they be digital or analogue (since it seems several users here did/still use film cameras). To start, here are a few photos from my s6000fd:

6676728705_8806e75ed8_z.jpg

DSCF1921-2 by ericarthur, on Flickr

6676724781_e5cd97b936_z.jpg

DSCF1897 by ericarthur, on Flickr

4083171488_2ccefda6e3_z.jpg

Reflections by ericarthur, on Flickr

4083175130_bed23812de_z.jpg

Flowers by ericarthur, on Flickr

4082417829_1e6410f8e2_z.jpg

Flowers by ericarthur, on Flickr

4082410677_5caa78886f_z.jpg

Bulldozer by ericarthur, on Flickr

4083182070_062c756ef1_z.jpg

Bicycle Shadow by ericarthur, on Flickr

4082404007_a351796cb7_z.jpg

Philadelphia by ericarthur, on Flickr

I think it's great that you started this thread, Eric. I'm just going to move it into the Image to Share forum - and I'll put it in Other Genres.

As much as I've said I love classic cars and chrome... I'm absolutely head over heels about your blue Bicycle Shadow image.:2thumbs:

wow. saw them for the first time just now. Impressive! All of them. But the photos of the girl/women appeal even more, perhaps because of the casual pose and look. Colors are amazing.
Thanks for sharing,
Peter

Believe it or not, but I "stumbled" upon some old photos taken with the Finepix 4700. I still have good memories of the camera. May it rest in peace at the camera graveyard.

2000-WestCoast-057-L.jpg

2002-Cyprus-006-L.jpg

2002-Cyprus-004-L.jpg

2001-Princeton-002-L.jpg

2001-Italy-016-Edit-2-L.jpg

Believe it or not, but I "stumbled" upon some old photos taken with the Finepix 4700. I still have good memories of the camera. May it rest in peace at the camera graveyard.

Very nice. I do have one question for you Peter. I notice your copyright watermark. Is it possible to copyright another artists work? You have a copyright mark on Ziolkowski's model of of the Crazy Horse monument in South Dakota. Is that proper?

Joe

Very nice. I do have one question for you Peter. I notice your copyright watermark. Is it possible to copyright another artists work? You have a copyright mark on Ziolkowski's model of of the Crazy Horse monument in South Dakota. Is that proper?

Joe

That is an excellent point, Joe. I'm afraid that I once added the watermark to the smugmug plugin in LR and forgot about it. I will try to remove it as I am not really interested in adding the copyright sign. I do realize that this does not answer the question. I will try to find out what the rules are. It is an interesting question! Thanks.
Peter

UPDATE: a release is needed for the Crazy Horse monument if you want to publish it, commercially or non-commercially. See http://www.crazyhorsememorial.org/pdf/media-consent_release.pdf

I also found this text at: Interview and Property Releases

In some cases, you’ll need to obtain a release for using pictures of places. You may find this odd—after all, if a building can be viewed publicly, why is permission required to use an image of it? Over the last few decades some buildings have earned protection under both trademark or copyright laws, or both. Trademark law will protect a building’s appearance under very limited circumstances. If a distinctive-looking building is used to signify a business’s services, you cannot use an image of that building in a manner that will confuse consumers. For example, the Sears Tower in Chicago functions as a trademark; if you intend to use it in the foreground of an advertisement, you must obtain permission from the Sears Company. Use of the building’s image for informational purposes, such as in magazine article, does not require permission.
Is permission needed to use the image of a trademarked building on a postcard or poster? That issue arose when a photographer sold images of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. A federal court of appeals permitted the use of the trademarked building on posters and did not consider it to be a trademark infringement. (Rock and Roll Hall of Fame v. Gentile, 134 F.3d 749 (6th Cir. 1998).)
Copyright protection also extends to architectural works, specifically for architectural works created after March 1, 1989. However copyright protection also has limitations. You do not need a release to photograph a building or property visible from a public place, but you do need permission to photograph and reproduce images of a building protected by copyright and not visible from a public place. Entering private property to photograph a building or property may also trigger a claim of trespass. To avoid such claims, photographers, publishers, and filmmakers use a property release, sometimes known as a “location release.”

So I deleted the Crazy Horse photo. Could you please do the same in your reply post?

Thanks for pointing me to this.

The only thing that I haven't managed to do is to get rid of the copyright sign in the photos. I changed the watermark and reloaded to smugmug but nothing has been changed. I keep trying. ;-)

Peter

Thanks for your response and action Peter. As I wasn't sure of the law and was just checking, that was an excellent gesture on your part. You are to be commended. My great, great, great uncle Curly nee Crazy Horse would be impressed by your honesty. PILAMAYAYE (Thank you)

Joe (Skope Pasu) Crooked Nose

Thanks for your response and action Peter. As I wasn't sure of the law and was just checking, that was an excellent gesture on your part. You are to be commended. My great, great, great uncle Curly nee Crazy Horse would be impressed by your honesty. PILAMAYAYE (Thank you)

Joe (Skope Pasu) Crooked Nose

Pilamayaye. Iyúskinyan Wancinyankelo.

It is an honor and privilege to virtually meet an ancestor of a great man. My family and I still nurture the visit to the monument.

Do you speak the Lakota language?

Best wishes (I tried to find the Lakota words but was not able to find them. My apologies),

Peter

Peter, I am terrible with languages. I am very jealous of those that speak many languages. I do not speak Lakota. I use this site for simple words This site is under construction but am not sure that I use it properly. My father was born on the Pine Ridge reservation. All I know about him was that he lived a warriors life, serving in WWII and Korea where he was killed. I fantasize but that's all I really know. My mother didn't know much either as they met and married in NY before his service. As far as the monument is concerned, I doubt that it will be finished in my lifetime. Regards,

Joe

Back