Fuji Photos of new Fuji lenses 10-24, 23, ect.

10-24: looks fairly compact for a lens this wide (15-36mm equivalent)
23/1.4: wow it's huge! Makes an X200 that much more likely, which is good.
27/2.8: wow it's tiny! but it's also the slowest prime so far. Close to the Panasonic 20/1.7 in FOV, slightly worse in shallow DOF.
55-200 and 56/1.4: doesn't interest me.

Overall, indeed, the system is growing really quickly! If they can keep the lens quality at the current high level, they'll win over a LOT of enthusiasts and become a real force to be reckoned with in CSC-land!

I wonder when these are likely to hit the streets? The 14 and the 18-55 aren't out yet - id guess these others will be a while. I'm highly likely to get the 10-24 and the 23, which may replace the 35 as the low light lens - I rarely use the 35 and would put the 23 to a lot more use.

-Ray

Yeah, I knew that much, just wondering whether in time for Spring or Summer travels or not until later in the year. I wasn't expecting them until late in the year (like the two that are do around now), but seeing prototypes made me wonder...

-Ray

I wonder when these are likely to hit the streets? The 14 and the 18-55 aren't out yet - id guess these others will be a while. I'm highly likely to get the 10-24 and the 23, which may replace the 35 as the low light lens - I rarely use the 35 and would put the 23 to a lot more use.

-Ray

I wouldn't be surprised if it's before Summer 2013. They look like they are more or less ready to go.

Those are the first pictures of the 27mmf2.8 lens being handled that i've seen.
I've looked at some of the X100, Xe1 size specs, if the lens ends up being 1.5cm(which it seems) then it'll be just as wide as the X100. If this lens turns out be allright and Adobe fixes the raw formating for fuji then I could very well be a fuji user next summer.

Could x-mount be the final solution for combining my GRD and Nikon system. Exciting times...

The worst part of Fuji's lens lineup is that i can see a potential use and need for every lens they are putting out. Ahhhhh what a headache, just goes to show what having a great road map that is directed by photographers and customer feedback can do.
21/28/40mm for now... I think.

Man, they're really ARE coming up with a true system !
I do think Fuji has the best APS-C sensor available right now. I won't even go into desirable their bodies are (even if that's a little over retro for me, but I'd live with it). They have every box checked AFAIC, EXCEPT focus peaking, and I'm NEVER, EVER buying a camera without it again.

Skipping the 14 for the perfect walkabout 10-24 and please don't forget to put that fast 56 under my Christmas tree. I guess there will be plenty of used 21 in the marketplace soon.

Got this off DPR. They really need to use spell/grammar check.........

From: Photokina 2012: Carl Zeiss Stand Report: Digital Photography Review

"There are also mock-ups of two of the three high-end primes Zeiss is going to build for Sony's E-mount and Fujifilm's X-mount. The lenses, a 12mm F2.8, 32mm F1.8 and 50mm F2.8 Macro will each cost around €10007$1300. Having lisenced the lens mount protocols, Zeiss will not have to reverse-engineer the AF systems and said it will work in partnership with both camera makes, and build on the knowledge of autofocus lenses it has developed in its work with Sony."

Maybe Sony will pay attention?

I think it's probably easier for Fuji. They have been making high quality Medium Format lenses for a while. I think they still make MF cameras. Sony is more of an electronics company. They will undoubtedly catch up. I'm not sure the Sony cameras and the Fuji cameras are aimed at the same market. I think the appeal of the Fuji cameras is going to be somewhat, if not very limited in comparison to most other brands.

Back