Micro 4/3 Photos of new PEN E-P3

Not really tempted UNLESS AF is improved with 43 lenses (D series PL)
It looks ugly IMHO mind you it could turn out a beautiful swan ;)

what I just don't get is why, when they already have a design as beautiful as the E-P2, they abandon it for the E-P3 in favour of the misshape that is the E-PLx ...

I expect to buy the E-P3 (and sell some other cameras). I liked the E-P2, the XZ-1 is really impressing me (except for distortion it is giving my Ricoh GRD3 a run for its money), and there is just something about Olympus color rendering that really appeals to me. I might finally sell my DSLR. I think Olympus is doing some really interesting stuff right now.

BBW said:
Exciting isn't it. I don't like to think too long about it or I'll regret selling my lenses. I will try to live vicariously!

Maybe you should get it with a kit lens, then sell the lens and invest in a 20mm panasonic lens cuz their price is beginning to drop again.

It was mentioned to me this morning that the 17 & 20 may not focus as fast on the Pen 3 as the new 12mm. That's supposed to be lightening fast....

I heard that too, but even though I'm about to sell my GF1, I don't plan on giving up the 20mm. That lens is too good to give up. But, I definately see your point. I plan on keep the kit lens myself.

hmm, well, now I've seen it in black, it does seem much more appealing ... though I still don't want or need flash, and unless the allegedly superfast AF is achievable with the adapted 70-300ED or one of the native 300mm zooms, I can't see a reason for me to shell out ...

I suspect the epl3 could be the second m43 body to compliment my Gh2 - with that flip up screen, faster AF, and the lenses I already own, the Nex may be on it's way out.

-Ray

Back