Micro 4/3 Photos of new PEN E-P3

wolfie

Veteran
As usual 43rumors site:

21kfdc7.jpg

dz7zi8.jpg

2ih6wyb.jpg

Aww shucks ..

It's all down to time zones - you guys are all asleep when the fun is happening!:tongue:

But I am certainly becoming more and more keen on getting one of these new PEN models.

If the rumors are true, they have answered the major objection from day one of the system:
Focus speed - with a new series lens, the claim is that Oly have toppled Panny from the AF speed throne.
This improvement extends to previous generation M43lenses, but they wont achieve same ultimate performance as new lenses.

Finally, one of my peeves, they have put in a focus assist light (see the light on front view shot below hot shoe) - I have, and always will - hate flash strobing as a range finding technique.

I'm happy with 12 mp, especially if DR, noise are improved.

Hope the new EVF is cheaper and compatible with previous models.

Still want a WR body and lens!!!

looks like a great camera but I'm a little sad that the design is moving away from the classic look. Or rather that it isn't evolving the classic look. I still want a camera that has all the features of this one but the form factor of a slightly smaller OM4. The E-P1 was nearly there.

That lens is sweet. Mft body with Olympus 12mm f2.0, Summilux (mft) 25 mm f1.4, Sonnar ZM 50 f1.5 and adapter, how does this sound?

Slightly underwhelmed here. I was rather hoping they would completely re design it but that looks like it was too much effort! It looks like the E-P1 and E-Pl2 'got it on' in a broom cupboard and this was the result!! :D

12mm looks quality though. However i bet it will be made from cheap plastic and be super light like all their other lenses. Should be good quality images from it though.

Slightly underwhelmed here. I was rather hoping they would completely re design it but that looks like it was too much effort! It looks like the E-P1 and E-Pl2 'got it on' in a broom cupboard and this was the result!! :D

12mm looks quality though. However i bet it will be made from cheap plastic and be super light like all their other lenses. Should be good quality images from it though.

Sorry Ghosthunter - it isn't a Pentax Q "Toy" lens!
(from 43rumors)
12mm f/2.0 lens
- It’s the very first High Grade lens for Micro Four Thirds and is made in Tatsuno (Japan)
- All metal construction with distance scale. You see the distance scale when you pull the focus ring from autofocus to manual mode.
- Lens size similar to the new Panasonic Leica 25mm f/1.4.
- Filter size 46mm
- Already in production since April and will be in Stock in July.
- Close focusing 20cm (0.67 feet)
- Price around $799:cool:

(from 43rumors)
12mm f/2.0 lens
- It’s the very first High Grade lens for Micro Four Thirds and is made in Tatsuno (Japan)
- All metal construction with distance scale. You see the distance scale when you pull the focus ring from autofocus to manual mode.
- Filter size 46mm

All metal construction!! Now that's more like it!! Should be good!!

(from 43rumors)
12mm f/2.0 lens
- Filter size 46mm

Ok, time to start saving money: USD 799 for the 12mm, USD 599 for the 25mm Summilux.

Back