Photoshop 2019 install causing problems in Win7 SP1 machine

Brian

Product of the Fifties
So- my daughter is taking an IT course requiring the Creative Cloud Suite- and the 1-year subscription was under $250, and you can run on two machines- so I have it on my Win7 SP1 machine and her Win10 machine.

The Creative Cloud Manager informed me that "Photoshop 2019" was available. I installed it on my Win7 machine, a Core I7 processor.

First attempt failed. I had to do a rollback to be able to access prior versions of software.

Second attempt failed with an error that the Registry Update failed. I had to reinstall Google Chrome and earlier version of Photoshop that runs stand-alone.

Third attempt succeeded, "rah-rah". I had to re-install Chrome and Repair stand-alone Photoshop.

I got a request for feedback. I gave the "recommend Photoshop to others" a 0, and they could contact me.

Adobe used to know how to write software.

And now, my wife needs some imagery from a Hyperspectral sensor converted to a file format that can be used by common image display programs, like Photoshop. The data is "absolutely Raw" format. I'm writing Fortran code to de-interleave the 252 color bands into separate .BMP files. BMP is very easy to create. ~20 lines of code. Less time to write than Photoshop takes to load.

After using Windows 10= I will hold onto Win7 for as long as possible. It's one great big advertisement for "the App Store".

Computers are more for entertainment these days. I have DOS running on a 2.7GHz I5 Laptop. It's very, very fast and can use 4GBytes of memory. That will hold me for a while.

CC2019 doesn't support anything older than Windows Creator's Update, I could be wrong about the exact earliest supported version of Windows 10, but Windows 7 is not supported any longer.

I really want Adobe to release a Linux version, that said, Linux isn't for everyone and certainly isn't free of annoying bugs, among all the distros I only trust Debian.

After using Windows 10= I will hold onto Win7 for as long as possible.

I agree. I borrowed someone's Windows 10 machine, for a short while, and I learned to utterly detest Win10. For me, Windows 7 does most things reasonably well, while Win10 does a lot of things quite badly. :(

I cannot see how Microsoft imagined that any of the post-Win7 operating systems was actually any kind of 'improvement'. :rolleyes-74::shakehead:

I put a 120GByte SSD drive into the Panasonic CF-53 mk3, 2.7GHz I5, dual boots DOS and XP SP3. I trick larger-than-120GB SATA drives into formatting as FAT-32 by using a mix of FDISK and Format from FreeDOS and then Format from Win98. I've not tried it on anything bigger than a 512GByte drive. These will dual-boot WinXP, but Win7 cannot boot off a FAT-32 drive.

I read that the author of "Game of Thrones" uses Wordstar 4 for writing his scripts and books. I use Wordstar 6 for writing code. I have Wordstar 4- used it for a long time, but have used WS6 since the day it came out in 1990. If that guy needs to run DOS and Wordstar on a newer computer- I'll send him one.

Wordstar is to a text editor as shorthhand is to writing. When you are proficient in it- it is very, very fast and efficient.

I disassembled Wordstar 3.3 and HEX patched it to custom-map to my Keyboard "just the way that I liked it". But that was the CP/m version.

Back