Fuji Photoshop CC & .RAF files

Piano

Top Veteran
Name
Nigel
After updating Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC in Creative Cloud 3 days ago I have found a number of problems.
1) Lightroom will import .RAF files no problem. However, after processing, I try to open (CTRL+E) in Photoshop CC and get a message saying that I need to update my Camera RAW plug in to the latest version in Photoshop 9.10. ????? File opening options are either a) Render using Lightroom or b) Open anyway or c) cancel. So - "open anyway". I should mention that I DO have version 9.10
2) Photoshop does actually open, but the image doesn't, I get zilch. Camera RAW plug in version in Photoshop is 9.1.1.461 which it tells me is up to date.
3) Using the "open" option in Photoshop CC and selecting a RAF file from Windows Explorer gives me a message "Photoshop Cannot open this file. If you are attempting to open a RAW file from a digital camera, make sure (then I get a link to an Adobe article KB407111 uk).
4) I can open TIFF, jpeg and RW2 from GX8 with no problem, it seems just the Fuji files are affected and as I say, it is only since updating Creative Cloud.

Any thoughts appreciated - I have a return call booked to Adobe so fingers crossed.

I just tried this for myself and I get the same message, when I open anyway the photo does load but it takes a while and does not load via ACR but straight to Ps!

I think you've found a bug, maybe because you have already processed the image in Lr you don't need to use ACR because you've already used the Lr variety of ACR.

Could be they've changed something under the hood Mike - thanks for looking. This method has always worked for me whenever I've finished editing in Camera Raw and transfer to PS for further tweaks so I'm stumped as to why it is behaving differently now.

Just opened a file from my computer into Ps and ACR opens as version 9.10.

So it would seem to me that the Lr version of ACR that is not reporting to Ps that it is 9.10 when a file is transferred from Lr to Ps!

Gadzooks. Adobe has been dickering with their updates across the board. Their "updates" over the weekend to my Creative Suite Cs5 ended in disaster too. I typed up a rant elsewhere on the forum today about it.

I just checked on Adobe Forums where I had also asked for feedback and apparently, although Lightroom ACR is 9.10 on my machine, AND although Creative Cloud tells me that Photoshop CC is up to date, it wasn't. A bug of some sorts but now I've updated with their standalone installer it works again! Thanks for your assistance Mike.

It appears that a lot of problems have been created by the last Adobe updates.....

Back