Photoshop.com

I joined photoshop.com back in 2008. Variously did, and didnt, use it. I've just uploaded a bunch of photographs again, to see how its going and I'm pretty impressed with it, to be honest.

Its not anything like 500px.com, in that there doesnt seem to be the sheer immensity of good images. Its not really like flickr, because although the community aspect exists, its just not as prevalent. You can have private and public albums, and you can hide yourself entirely from the community and not even share your albums with the community at all.

You also get access to an online version of Photoshop Express, for online editing, which can be on photos uploaded from your computer, or those already in your online albumbs. There's also access to tips and tutorials, and I think the whole site is pretty neat. I'll be paying more attention to it, I think

I like how it looks a bit like lightroom in the organisation area, and I like the ease with which uploads can occur. You get 2G free space, and upgrades are available (but only if you live in the USA). Links below.

Photoshop apps - desktop, mobile, and tablet | Photoshop.com
and my space: kyteflyer's gallery | Photoshop.com

Hi Sue

I'm quite happy with Flickr, just recently renewed my subscription, so don't need to look for any other storage space. Its good to know what other options are out there though. Being able to edit your pictures onlne is a bonus.

I finally got around to uploading a couple of my pics to 500px but confess I found it a bit intimidating as I feel my pics are a bit like an Ugly Betty amongst the beautiful work there. Photos are, however, nicely presented there so more of a pleasure to view online.

There is no way your pictures could be considered sub par, Karen. You have a superb sense of style and a really artistic approach to your work.(y)

I, too, like Flickr and have quite a few contacts there (some of course from here) that I really enjoy keeping up with when I can.

Thanks BB. The upload for 500px tells you to load only your very best ... it doesn't half make you hesitate, stop, go and put the kettle on, mull over it, then go back again before you press the upload button. Have you tried it yet?

Back