pinhole photography discussion (and images)

Yes Paper Neg - print from Tesco

original a bit overexposed so doctored

next lot I'd do this with 4 secs ie 2/3rds of recommended exp times ( And use a tripod)

I haven't done anything Pinhole since my West Wales Wet Weekend - naughty boy

Perhaps there is something wrong with me but its shots like this that speak to me far more than anything I produce SOOC from my digital camera

My aspiration is to produce images with this ethereal quality

Untitled

World Pinhole Photography Day 2014

Of course, it was World Pinhole Photography Day yesterday (Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day) but I forgot to remind everyone. Sorry.

However despite the weather being badly behaved, and despite underexposing badly, and despite dropping the film into the bathtub when I was trying to hang it on the shower head, and despite my scanner being effing awful and despite digitising on a lightbox with uneven lighting using a decrepit E-P2, and despite the cheap but curls-like-a-beeatch Chinese fillum ... I managed to submit sumfing.

And here it be. Perhaps I'll also submit it to Josef Koudelka for critique :D

14055217745_9f45a39027_c.jpg

for WPPD 2014 by _loupe, on Flickr

I saw a video somewhen of how it was done.
essentially a huge piece of canvas painted with liquid emulsion and an aircraft hangar are all you need.i think it was made a few yers ago now.

hehe not entirely gauche Mr. L :)
However, there are some technical limitations in this case ...
14327198604_4415be1101.jpg

this is the original paper negative ... tricky to enlarge :D

Tell you what Luke, I'll make a contact print and send it to you at Bullseye; it'll give you something to do in the long dark winter WI nights ...

Back