Architecture Places of worship

44065037175_5f552e71d2_h.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

La Congregation du Saint-Esprit — Window - PARIS-2018-75 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

On our Paris Charms & Secrets electric bike tour of Paris we visited a very interesting church which Eric described as being the oldest in Paris. I believe it was the La Congregation du Saint-Esprit but I am not 100% sure.

It was interesting trying to shoot inside the dimly lit church hand-held with a F4.0-5.6 lens.

44661435754_fffb529140_h.jpg

The Gravestones of St Bartholomew’s, Lostwithiel, Cornwall, UK - UK2016-92 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

St Bartholomew's Church is a parish church of the Church of England Diocese of Truro in Lostwithiel, Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. The church itself is mainly 14th century.

It was interesting to see the headstones leaning up against the wall of the church and the fence. I assume that the graveyard land has been reclaimed for a new purpose.

I took this a few days ago, as we are allowed to go to parks for walks. Well, lots of the parks near me are quite crowded, so I opted for a walk in a nearby cemetery instead. Only one other person visited while I was there and the solitude allowed me to enjoy my photography, while providing a quiet place for reflection.
04EB8305-6478-4A45-B7B8-8E9FD41B78DF.jpeg

GX9 & O17-f/1.8

Doorway to La Lomita Mission in south Texas. The mission was founded around the time of the Civil War and was the base for the "Calvary of Christ." The calvary was a group of priests, traveling by horseback, taking religious services to the people of south Texas. The mission is still in use today, on a limited basis. It has been in the news of late since the proposed border wall between the U.S. and Mexico will pass through the mission's land and leave the mission on the south side of the wall. The doors are not original, but the threshold is.
La Lomita.jpg

Back