Documentary Planet Garbage

the former proprietor living near by can watch what is going to happen to this half pair of boots
P7281446.jpg

Last edited:
Living in a rural area with mostly empty roads this is an often seen sight: abandoned furniture, old tires, bags of trash, etc. People from the city area see the county roads as their personal dump.
View attachment 231950
Unfortunately, many rural people are the same. I've seen whole neighborhoods where people turned their yards into open dumps. I also know of one rural community a little over an hour from here that looks like a scene from a Norman Rockwell painting, with immaculately kept houses and yards. I just scratch my head at the difference.

Plastics (not degradable) and cigarette butts are those things thrown away mindlessly most often in nature.
Cigarette butts play the largest role worldwide in terms of the environmental impact of waste. Up to 4,000 harmful substances can be found in one cigarette butt.
A single cigarette butt can contaminate between 40 and 60 litres of clean groundwater with its mix of toxins.
In the Middle Ages well-poisoners were hanged. Those mindless compatriots can be happy they live in the 21st century.
P1025645.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Another one of those missing attachments ... Cancelling a failed upload and retrying often works, even though you may have to delete a double (or, worst case yet, a triple) upload afterwards (hint: the earlier attachements show above the latest if you edit your post to remove items ...).

M.
Sorry, Matt, don't know what happened here. It's fixed now.

Back