Documentary Planet Garbage

I don't think you're being too cynical.
A valid response to the mentality and behaviour of some of the population.
I do keep telling myself it's just a minority or at least just a part of the people.
Unfortunately, their actions are a lot more visible that those of the people that still are concerned with the effect of their actions on the rest of us.
Luckily there are still plenty of people that go out of their way to help out others, in whatever way they can.

PA174315.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P1026508.1.JPG

Definitely not bright joy (helle Freude) but dark rage is what I feel with this throw-away mentality.
Ritter Sport is a chocolate brand, the only one that has the patent right to a square form.
They used to advertise it as quadratisch - praktisch - gut (square - practical - good).

Last edited:
A bit puzzling ... not sure if this was put here so decoratively to get rid of it or because they want it there ready for use. The far-off corner of the cemetary with the oldest graves does not look like the place for daily sweeping.
PA174371.1.JPG

No pictures but perhaps a sign of some hope: in Ghent and some other cities, the clean-up crews are now accompanied with personnel authorised to look for identifying evidence in discarded garbage.
The responsibles can expect a fine.
Granted, this is not for the carelessly thrown away bottle and such (no dna tests :)) but complete bags of garbage that can contain notes, invoices or such.

Back