Documentary Planet Garbage

L2625067.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

Trust me, I take no pride in saying this, but I do believe South Africa can out-garbage you all :(
A man who was about to go up the stairs looked at me quizzically for taking this picture

View attachment 324272
Irene, you seem to be right in claiming garbage superiority for South-Africa - this looks like nothing I have witnessed in this town.
The passers-by who look at you disapprovingly are of the same mental disposition as the ones we have here.
They know precisely what is allowed to get photographed.
In case they address me, I tell them that garbage makes beautiful images just like castles etc.
Normally I earn a shake of the head and that is reward enough for my efforts .

Trust me, I take no pride in saying this, but I do believe South Africa can out-garbage you all :(
A man who was about to go up the stairs looked at me quizzically for taking this picture

View attachment 324272
Further to this:
I was so disgusted by the squalor, that I posted this on Twitter (I seldom use that platform) and tagged the Mayor of Cape Town.
Amazingly he responded personally that it looked disgusting and by this afternoon I received this and also notice that it received quite some traction:

1658415363420.png

1658415246725.png

Further to this:
I was so disgusted by the squalor, that I posted this on Twitter (I seldom use that platform) and tagged the Mayor of Cape Town.
Amazingly he responded personally that it looked disgusting and by this afternoon I received this and also notice that it received quite some traction:

View attachment 324653

View attachment 324652
Good on you, Irene.
You are a like-minded soul, I think.

Back