Documentary Planet Garbage

Sadly SO much garbage is tossed onto our streets

WB_ZFC_2258 Gardens Domestos pink plastic bottle garbage.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P3025150.1.JPG

The toxic mix of a single cigarette butt is enough to contaminate 40 to 60 liters of groundwater.
71 billion cigarette butts pollute the soil in Germany every year. That's one and a half million liters a year.

The nicotine that is flushed out is not the worst aspect. More problematic are the other toxins that result from the combustion process during smoking and seep into the soil untreated. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, arsenic, heavy metals such as cadmium, lead and more, all strongly carcinogenic.

View attachment 370768
The toxic mix of a single cigarette butt is enough to contaminate 40 to 60 liters of groundwater.
71 billion cigarette butts pollute the soil in Germany every year. That's one and a half million liters a year.

The nicotine that is flushed out is not the worst aspect. More problematic are the other toxins that result from the combustion process during smoking and seep into the soil untreated. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, arsenic, heavy metals such as cadmium, lead and more, all strongly carcinogenic.
Filthy bloody things, Walter.

L1003516.jpg

Apart from the sorry broken(?) bob sled, there's something else visible here: Someone's sprinkled the whole neighbourhood, even the paths alongside and across the fields, with patches of rat (or crow?) poison. Hazardous, to say the very least - not only for children, for dogs and cats, too ...

M.

View attachment 371067

Apart from the sorry broken(?) bob sled, there's something else visible here: Someone's sprinkled the whole neighbourhood, even the paths alongside and across the fields, with patches of rat (or crow?) poison. Hazardous, to say the very least - not only for children, for dogs and cats, too ...

M.
Vitamin K is the specific antidote for Warfarin poisoning. Your local Vet will have it in their fridge. Your doctor or hospital is highly unlikely to have it on hand.

The current shortage of Warfarin (in Australia, at least) makes me glad that I always have about a year's supply on hand. I have a mechanical mitral valve, along with atrial and ventricular fibrillation. Without Warfarin, I'm dead.

Back