• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

Plants of all kinds

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
Wonderful colors - and I'm pretty sure it is a Coleus plant: Coleus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia You can find images that look to be the same type as yours by searching Coleus. I don't normally know too many plants but some Coleus plants are grown indoors... I have memories of being in college apartments filled with them.:wink:

deirdre

Regular
Sep 26, 2010

Taken with a GF1 with Olympus OM 50mm f/3.5 Macro.

All the trees were covered with mosses and lichens and stuff due to the humidity -- taken in the San Andreas watershed near San Andreas Lake (formed by the earthquake fault of the same name).

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
As soon as I saw this photograph, the thought "It's alive!" came to mind. To be fair, that's a quote from "Frankenstein" when Dr. Frankenstein realizes the monster is truly alive! And even though we know that all plants are truly alive, there is something a bit unnerving to me when I look at this vine climbing up the wall... It's as though it's trying to break in through the duct work. Great color, Christian! I like this photo but it does give me a sort of eerie feeling.

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
Bill, thanks for both of these. Your second one is quite a distillation - these stamens (?) look like a happy crowd of revelers, to me!

I'm sorry that I haven't always been able to respond in words to everyone's photos. I know it's not required but if I can, I like to. I see that I had missed some earlier. My apologies.

These threads that everyone can keep adding to are a great way to go.

christilou

Regular
Jul 13, 2010
Sunny Frimley
Zebra grass at large in our backyard.
LX5 f/8 @ 1/20th ISO 200[/QUOTE]

BB, these B & W LX5 shots are looking rather Leica-esque to me. What do you think?

Reactions: BBW

Latest threads

Top Bottom